Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ozzy makes bacon sandwich and...

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Lee Kerslake was also on the first Toe Fat album. Keep in mind also that he spent more than 30 years in Uriah Heep, and played on all but 7 studio albums (out of something like 23).
    He was also on bands The Gods, Head Machine and National Head Band and participated to some David Byron and Ken Hensley solo albums... Legendary drummer Mr. Lee "the Bear".

I get a feeling that rock is dead when Trujillo and Bordin are more famous than Daisley or Kerslake
    Last edited by spacefreak; 09-06-2013 at 02:45 PM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    He was also on bands The Gods, Head Machine and National Head Band and participated to some David Byron and Ken Hensley solo albums... Legendary drummer Mr. Lee "the Bear".
    Yeah, I forgot about the Gods, even though they managed to squeeze out a couple albums. I've never heard either album nor have I heard the Byron or Hensley solo albums.

Did National Head Band ever record anything? As for Head Machine, I have that album, but the copy I have has no credits. Doing a little research, it seems both Kerslake and Ken Hensley are on that record. No wonder it sounds like a "lost Uriah Heep album".

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    Did National Head Band ever record anything?
    Yes. they have a rather interesting album entitled "Albert 1" (1971) on the Warner Bros label. Jan Schelhaas (of Caravan, Gary Moore Band and Camel fame) and Dave Paull (later on Jonesy) were also members of that band. The album got a legit CD reissue in 2008 by Esoteric.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post

I get a feeling that rock is dead when Trujillo and Bordin are more famous than Daisley or Kerslake
    trujillo is the hired gun of music-everybody hires him to play on their albums. i know of daisley through widowmaker.

but i know your sentiments. it's like if you say "drummer" and someone says "travis barker" as the first thing instead of one of the umpteen drummers that have been around longer and are way better...
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 09-07-2013 at 01:17 PM. Reason: i are a bridgeton public skool gradidiot
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"