Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Worst dressed Prog stars!

BTW, talking about Todd Rundgren, I remember years ago seeing a photo of him in Creem magazine (I think it was Creem, anyway) and he was wearing another one of those sci-fi B-movie outfits, and the caption read, "Now can I play Han Solo in the next Star Wars movie?"

This one's for Gruno!!

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I don't follow. How does one dress like their Manhattan Transfer? Pictures and video footage of seen of them, they dress in pretty non-descript outfits, like suits and other sorts of formal wear. Aren't they supposed to be trying to look like a vocal group from the 40's or something like that?
    Except for their short-lived attempt to go all Devo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Except for their short-lived attempt to go all Devo.

Ah I see what you mean. I guess that was around the time of Twilight Tone or whatever their Rod Serling homage was called. I actually watched that video on Youtube the other day, because I remember seeing it eons ago, but I can't imagine what TV show I'd have seen it on. Must have been Midnight Special or Kirshner or something like that, but I don't remember ever watching those shows until much much later, when they first started getting recycled on cable.

At any rate, I would put that loosely in the Flash Gordon/Buck Rogers mode of dress.