Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: While in London and area, just how easy is to procure some herbal remedy???

Quote Originally Posted by Dave the Brave View Post
    Find a shop that sells hydroponic growing supplies.
    By the time he's cultivated a smokeable product, he'll have kicked the habit.

Quote Originally Posted by HONDO View Post
    Peter G what I find outrageous is that you find this to be and outrageous request. For crying out loud man it is only weed, lol. Not like I am searching for Heroin or coke or acid or some pills. Lighten up you straight lace.
    It's still illegal in most places. And I've known plenty of people to totally burn out just on weed, it does happen. Yeah, it's only weed, unless it's your kid smoking it. I really hope my neices don't get caught up in using stuff like this. So far, so good. My oldest neice is 25 and is just a light drinker. DO I know this for certain, no. But it's likely true. The two teenagers I doubt will ever touch even alcohol, heck they don't even curse! I'm actually shocked what good kids they are. The little one is 9, nothing to worry about yet. Peter G may have overreacted a little, but I do agree it's not appropriate to be asking where to score drugs on PE, even if "it's just weed".

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    So although I know where it is safe to buy some nabis, it is not for the reasons you suspect. I disagree strongly with the taking of drugs and the drug trade, so I would never tell you.
    What are the reasons you know where it's safe to buy some nabis?

I have zero problem with nabis being illegal, as long as they make alcohol and tobacco illegal in all the same places and enforce it as strictly. Seems simple to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    It's still illegal in most places. And I've known plenty of people to totally burn out just on weed, it does happen. Yeah, it's only weed, unless it's your kid smoking it. I really hope my neices don't get caught up in using stuff like this. So far, so good. My oldest neice is 25 and is just a light drinker. DO I know this for certain, no. But it's likely true. The two teenagers I doubt will ever touch even alcohol, heck they don't even curse! I'm actually shocked what good kids they are. The little one is 9, nothing to worry about yet. Peter G may have overreacted a little, but I do agree it's not appropriate to be asking where to score drugs on PE, even if "it's just weed".
    ...well my kids went through that period...that is nearly unavoidable unless you bring them up being antisocial....my son said that, at the time, about 90% of high school kids were doing the weed...and that was in an influential Texas suburb with well do families and most of them strong Christian upbringing…

…thinking about that period of my life I am only glad that my kids got through it relatively unharmed and now they continue with their lives without any consequences…

…saying all that though I never smoked (anything)…I had my share of drinks especially during college years and I would say the alcohol is one of the worst of the drugs…

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Smoking marijuana is relatively harmless for adults when compared to alcohol. Psychological dependance is possible but it's impossible to become physically dependent. The harms associated with alcohol abuse and alcohol dependence is astronomical for society when compared to marijuana (social, health, criminal justice costs (such a vehicular manslaughter). Laws against minor marijuana offences are largely absent in the courts that tend to focus on more harmful drugs like heroin or cocaine.

Young people smoking marijuana can be problematic as they are just developing as adults but legal alcohol causes far more dangers.

I see lots of uninformed opinions by the naysayers on this thread but challenge yourselves and go to the scientific and peer-reviewed journals on alcohol and drugs to look at the facts. Police generally turn a blind eye to marijauna use. In Canada they are advocating ticketing for possession under 30 grams. Don't forget that in two states marijuana is legal and medical marijuana (because it clearly offers health benefits, is legal in a high percentage of states.

I think drug use in general is best addressed in the health system and not in the criminal justice sytem. Did you know the main risks associated with heroin are overdoes and bloodbonre pathagens (hepititis b and c). The Swiss prison system has prescribed herion to offenders for decades with excellent results - no overdoses and safe therapeutic levels of administration. Heroin users under these conditions are highly functional and can focus on treatment prior to release.

Do I think the orginal poster made a mistake asking for drug connections, definitely. Discretion is the best option and looking around the streets for marijuana is dangerous.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Jeez, lay off the guy. There's no harm in picking up some herbal remedy.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Jeez, lay off the guy. There's no harm in picking up some herbal remedy.
    or

Seriously. Why risk ruining a fantastic experience? Just stick to booze. That or hold your breath while spinning around and around....

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Seriously. Why risk ruining a fantastic experience? Just stick to booze. That or hold your breath while spinning around and around....
    As Robin Williams said in his latest stand-up routine: "when pot becomes legal, the warning label on the package will read 'smoking this will make your music sound AWESOME!'"

Glad my post stimulated interesting debate!

That or hold your breath while spinning around and around....

...anyway....

I have to agree with those who'd advise against looking for any herb in a foreign country. I'd heed Peter's advice. I've been open about my very light use of herbal jazz cigs on weekends, but I wouldn't risk trying to find some among strangers in a foreign country. The thought is actually frightening. I think I'd try smuggling a few joints on an airplane before going to some strange neighborhood in a foreign country to buy some.

The only real argument against weed is short-term ... umm ... uh ... something.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    Glad my post stimulated interesting debate!
    Who needs reasonable arguments in a dope thread, anyway

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    The only real argument against weed is short-term ... umm ... uh ... something.

not really!!! I still remember quite well my first doobie 35 years afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post

...anyway....

I have to agree with those who'd advise against looking for any herb in a foreign country. I'd heed Peter's advice. I've been open about my very light use of herbal jazz cigs on weekends, but I wouldn't risk trying to find some among strangers in a foreign country. The thought is actually frightening. I think I'd try smuggling a few joints on an airplane before going to some strange neighborhood in a foreign country to buy some.
    Indeed, I'd be careful about this issue in many parts of the world that I'm not familiar with, but western Europe is relatively cool (OK, I'll admit I don't know if UK is cool about that),but I could find relatively it safely in the Benelux (and not just in the NL part), France, Germany and Spain... partly because the stuff is depenalized (well not yet in France) and you're "allowed" with your personal consumption (max 5 grams), so the scene is also much safer... You won't find idiots that will sell you a few grams to denounce you to the police, since the police won't do anything to you...
    But indeed, in places where they're not cool (like the US), I'd think twice about it, and most likely abstain. For UK, If I was to take the Eurostar I wouldn't bring it across the border, but if I take the car through the Chunnel's Shuttle, I maybe would.

The only time I ever got caught was in Germany almost 10 years ago (at Lorelei's entrance for a hippie festival), they confiscated the stuff (well they found the first stash, but stopped looking and never found the second), took my address and I never heard of them since (well I proved them then and there that I was not some depending on wellfare for life parasite).

Anyway, I've almost totally outgrown it a while ago and can do without it for months (even years) >> I smoke maybe three or four doobies per year nowadays (I even dealt the stuff to get my stash g-free when I Uni).
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Who needs reasonable arguments in a dope thread, anyway

I know Trane, what in the hell was I thinking?!!!
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

not really!!! I still remember quite well my first doobie 35 years afterwards
    short-term.

Here in Washington recreational pot use is, of course, now legal. A few weeks ago there was a hempfest in Seattle, and here's the ironic part, police officers were walking around handing out free munchies.

As for me, I smoked so much pot when I was a kid that I have no use for it now. These days I'm happy with a turbo truffle or two in the morning, and a beer or two on occasional evenings.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What are the reasons you know where it's safe to buy some nabis?
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    Do you really think I'm going to answer that?
    Not knowing the reasons, I couldn't say. However, you're saying there are specific reasons HONDO would suspect you to know where it's safe to buy nabis, but that those aren't the correct reasons. So you're begging the question: why does PeterG know where it's safe to buy some nabis?

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post

...anyway....

When we were recently in Montreal for the Neal Morse show, we were eager for some . I was wandering around by McGill and a young man exited what I believe is their Visual Arts building and began rolling a doob. I politely introduced myself, explained our cirucmstances (my wife and I are here from the States for a show, we won't travel with doobage etc) and asked if he knew where I might be able to obtain. He graciously shared his stick, asked for my phone number and said he'd call us the following day. I anticipated hearing nothing from him, but sure enough, he called us the next day, we met up downtown and the deal was done. He'd asked me how much I needed; I told him about 3 joints worth. He said that would be about $25. He wound up giving us a nice bag o'green that when rolled made 7 nice joints, more than we had time to consume before leaving the country...so we were like "hey, this one's not burning right, spark up another!" He invited us to call him again when we return to Montreal next month for Hackett, and I certainly will do just that!

I know Trane, what in the hell was I thinking?!!!
    Too much toking, maybe??
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by rickawakeman View Post
    When we were recently in Montreal for the Neal Morse show, we were eager for some . I was wandering around by McGill and a young man exited what I believe is their Visual Arts building and began rolling a doob. I politely introduced myself, explained our cirucmstances (my wife and I are here from the States for a show, we won't travel with doobage etc) and asked if he knew where I might be able to obtain. He graciously shared his stick, asked for my phone number and said he'd call us the following day. I anticipated hearing nothing from him, but sure enough, he called us the next day, we met up downtown and the deal was done. He'd asked me how much I needed; I told him about 3 joints worth. He said that would be about $25. He wound up giving us a nice bag o'green that when rolled made 7 nice joints, more than we had time to consume before leaving the country...so we were like "hey, this one's not burning right, spark up another!" He invited us to call him again when we return to Montreal next month for Hackett, and I certainly will do just that!
    $25.00 for seven doobies?? (most likely single paper, not the European cone montage)

Of course I'm not up to date on Canadian prices, but I used to deal in the 80's quarter ounce of Ganja or Afghany black for that amount...

$25.00 for seven doobies?? (most likely single paper, not the European cone montage)

Of course I'm not up to date on Canadian prices, but I used to deal in the 80's quarter ounce of Ganja or Afghany black for that amount...
    Trane, my man, that was Canada is the 70s - a real long time ago. The pot now is ten or twenty times as potent and costs about $7 a gram for hydroponic. It does not compare the past. Assuming there was a quarter gram in each joint but likely more, the value is about standard. Not that I know anything about this stuff, wink.

Trane, my man, that was Canada is the 70s - a real long time ago. The pot now is ten or twenty times as potent and costs about $7 a gram for hydroponic. It does not compare the past. Assuming there was a quarter gram in each joint but likely more, the value is about standard. Not that I know anything about this stuff, wink.
    Mmmhhh!!!... I'd have to agree that it was a different market and often subject to availability back then... a quad coulfd cost from 25 to 40, depending on drought conditions... Par gram, the good stuff was around 10.00

but at 1/4 g/doobie...seven of them is less than two grams... And according to your prices, this would come to around 12.00... not the oubole... But ok, it's not that much a blatant rip-off for some visitor. safe and discreet service...

but that story is probably how I'd try to act if I was to try scoring in London.

But then again I won't bring anything or look for it in my stay in Pazris... or if I decide to extend my stay and head down to Carmaux for the .RIO fest.

[QUOTE=Trane;149597]Mmmhhh!!!
    but at 1/4 g/doobie...seven of them is less than two grams... And according to your prices, this would come to around 12.00... not the oubole... But ok, it's not that much a blatant rip-off for some visitor. safe and discreet service..[QUOTE]

I'm math challenged.