Thread: Comedy Of Errors, Glasgow

Comedy Of Errors, Glasgow

Saw them in a small basement venue last night with a decent crowd, which was nice to see. Really good band live. New stuff came over well. They are supporting Mostly Autumn next month at The Ferry in Glasgow. I'll be going.
    Couple of short vids;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=19q1EA5J5as

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RazW6wkHolg

Comedy of Errors are a band that I found out about when their album Disobey was released, really like that album and the follow up Fanfare & Fantasy which came out this year. I would love to see them live, hope they make it to the states.

Thanks for posting the clips.

Yep, thanks for posting. Fanfare & Fantasy one of the best albums this year.

They've been around since the early-mid 80's, around the same time I was singing (briefly) with fellow Glaswegians Abel Ganz. We played a couple of double headers with them, & I used to go see them on other gigs. In fact I still have their early demos & their first album on vinyl from around that time. Joe, the singer, is a really nice guy too, as is Hew the keyboard player who played in Abel Ganz for so many years.

A good band and nice to see them receiving some love!

I remember Comedy of Errors from local word of mouth in the 80s, but I was too young to see them.
    They came back into mind with their appearance in "Prog" magazine and I picked up Disobey. I really like some of the songs, Jekyl for example; others can sound twee at times. The guitars and keyboards are all good. I think I'll try to get to that Mostly Autumn + Comedy of Errors gig.

I found these guys about 4 months ago and immediately took to the new CD. The name kinda threw me though. I'll have to find Disobey. Maybe George can pick them up for ROSfest. They would fit in great there.
    JG

"MARKLAR!"