Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: College Football 2013

Wow, that kick is kind of the football equivilent of "7/10 split" in bowling. He couldn't do that again if he tried.

What a game this morning. Talk about two different halfs like two different games. But everything that happened on the field during the game paled to the great outreach of Nebraska students, players and fans who did everything they could to let UCLA know how much they cared about the loss of their teammate this week. The student section let loose 200 gold and blue balloons after a moment of silence for Nick Pasquale who lost his life by being hit by a car last Sunday. They also held up a banner in the 2nd half that read Nebraska, UCLA one family #36. Then after the game both teams all kneeling down at the 50 as coaches form both teams led them in prayer and remembrance. Great win for UCLA but, wow, you don't see that much humanity in big time sports very often. I think I am a Nebraska fan now too. Your fans deserve a great team. Go Big Red!

Go TA&M! Fuck Alabama.

Oh to pour fuel on the bad officiating fire the official missed a FG goal call in this game. They called it good and it was overturned the ball a good 6-8 inches to the right of the upright. How do you miss that call when you are standing right under the upright? No dessert for you Ref.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Go TA&M! Fuck Alabama.
    I certainly was rooting for the Aggies (another alma mater), but it sure doesn't look like it's going to happen.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

They call Alabama The Crimson Tide. ......wow......

No huge upsets this week, damn! I love college football, but hate when it gets predictable. I guess Michigan barely squeaking by was surprising.

Saw Rutgers today beat up on Eastern Michigan. But we lost our starting QB, Gary Nova, likely to a concussion. He played the first series, a TD drive, and that's it. The backup Dodd is not going to scare anyone. Nova better get healthy in time when Arkansas comes for a visit next Saturday. There is a great RU story in the new star running back, a sophomore names Paul James. He was a walk-on in 2012, and hardly played. And now, he's had 3 huge games, 191 yards today I believe. And he's rattled off 4 50 yard runs already this season.

The star today though was Eric Legrand. RU retired his number 52 at halftime in a very moving ceremony. Many former teammates, including several in the NFL made recorded messages they played on the big video board, including Ray Rice, the Mcoutey brothers, Sanu and former coach Greg Schiano. The whole crowd stayed through the whole halftime ceremony, most standing, instead of heading to the concessions. I witnessed his horrible injury 3 years ago, so its so nice seeing a positive and emotional reaction from the crowd. Eric will always be a special part of the RU family.

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    It was a great moment and when both teams knelt around the logo on the 50 yard line AFTER the game and saw a coach from Nebraska talking to the players with coaches from both teams standing there with him I thought maybe I get to cynical sometimes and maybe there are people who take that they have in their care young people seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    No huge upsets this week, damn! I love college football, but hate when it gets predictable. I guess Michigan barely squeaking by was surprising.
    Michigan is way overrated. They almost got beat by a team that's won 4 of their last 28 today. Very, very inconsistent. My guess is they'll drop a couple places in the polls.

A&M put up a good fight, but their defense was absolutely shredded by Alabama. Was a fun game to watch.

Oh, and FEAR THE TURTLE lol

Maybe Mack Brown gets fired before Kiffin...

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Calabasas_Trafalgar View Post
    Maybe Mack Brown gets fired before Kiffin...
    I think they are both done. But Mack Brown may not last much longer, Kiffin will be gone at the end of the season.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by julioscissors View Post
    A&M put up a good fight, but their defense was absolutely shredded by Alabama. Was a fun game to watch.
    I guess you could also say the Alabama defense was shredded a bit too. But it's another W.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    I guess you could also say the Alabama defense was shredded a bit too. But it's another W.
    Yep, you could say that. One thing that drove me crazy about that game is the analysts all over Johnny Manzel's jock. The guy lost the game for them. Both interceptions he threw either cost A&M points or led to Alabama scoring and it was a seven point game, but I never heard one analyst mention that. I know the guy is talented, but the media's love for him is getting sickening.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Okay here is a ref from the Cal/OSU game (PAC 12 official). Every time I see this guys crew I cringe. But to be fair at least he got the call right in the end

Unlike the guys at ASU/Wisconsin. They were reprimanded today.

http://www.foxsportsarizona.com/coll...87&feedID=3702

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    Unlike the guys at ASU/Wisconsin. They were reprimanded today.
    I saw the replay, and it looks like the refs just didn't see what the QB did. He was better off spiking the ball.

I saw the replay, and it looks like the refs just didn't see what the QB did. He was better off spiking the ball.
    Spiking the ball did not put it in the center of the field which is what he was doing not trying to stop the clock. He wanted to spike the ball on the next play to do that but that never happened. Really, the guy took a knee and then set the ball down. The ground cannot cause a fumble so the ball is dead and there were 18 seconds on the clock. Either way, if they only saw one and not the other the result was the same, the ball was dead. There were still 10 seconds left when the Ref acknowledged the ball was down. It took 8 seconds to get the ASU players off of the ball so Wisconsin could try and snap it. They should have stopped the clock then to place it or called a delay penalty on ASU. The worst was they didn't even bother to explain themselves to the Wisconsin coach they just ran off the field. i hope they get fired. Tired of seeing this kind of crap in the PAC 12 officials.

OK, I got a chance today to start early in booing the Arkansas Razorbacks, a day before their game against Rutgers. My office just happens to be next door to the Embassy Suites, where a lot of teams stay when they play RU. parked right out front was their team bus, kind of a cool sight actually. OK, so my booing was in my own car with the windows up, and nobody even in the bus. Still, it helped get me in the mood for the game tomorrow. BTW, nothing at all against Arkansas, but I really, really want to beat them again, any chance to knock off an SEC team is exciting. And they are 3-0, a hell of a lot better start than last year. And I'm hoping for the same results this year and a 3-1 record for both teams by day's end. We shall see.

All right. In Athens to see the Dawgs take on N. Texas. My father in law is a professor at UGA and got us tix in the faculty section, so it should be relatively sane. Looking forward to a fun day.

This was on ESPN this morning. Very sad (sorry I can't embed):

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=970...goryid=2378529

Just saw N. Tex block a punt and score a RD.

A touchdown. Damn keyboard

I immediately thought RD=Radioactive Diaphragm. WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Just saw N. Tex block a punt and score a RD.
    Yup. Some errors by the Dawgs on special teams, but we won. Murray had a good game.

The Dawgs blew "em out