Thread: Steven Wilson and Nico Tsonev

Steven Wilson and Nico Tsonev

Just curious, watching the dvd Get All You Deserve and think this cat plays a really sweet guitar. Really very tasty style. Who knows anything about this dude? Is he destined to be another forgotten great almost star?

I doubt he'll be another forgotten almost star unless he decides to pack it in. He's too talented got too much positive momentum going on career-wise. Listening to Niko's solo stuff makes me think he and Pat Mastelotto would make a wicked team.

Visit his site: http://www.nikotsonev.com/
    Last edited by FrippWire; 08-23-2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Spelling errors

wasn't he drafted onto the tour because aziz ibrahim (SW’s erstwhile guitarist) did not receive a working visa for the US? as far as i recall, john wesley helped out, too. niko tsonev was stunning on the DVD. i would have liked him to remain in the band. guthrie govan is stupendously talented, but tsonev seems to me a much more experimental and forward-looking player. where govan shreds, he probes.

but tsonev seems to me a much more experimental and forward-looking player. where govan shreds, he probes.

Yeah I agree, and he can shred when he wants to as well no doubt. Yeah, I went and dug around and bought his three albums I could find online. Great stuff, and I agree also, he and Mastelotto would kill together. That being said, I couldn't find who was behind the kit, but whoever it is on his current output knows what hes doing! His FB site said he plays all the instruments but I'm not sure about that.