Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When was the last time you listened to...

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I enter manually into Excel.
    Thanks! Great idea.
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

At my work (CD library) some of my collegues keep on playing DSOTM and WYWH, so I hear them very often. It's been a while since I played the original DSOTM at home. When the Immersion set was released, I only played the live version, I think.

I watched quite som Yes live DVDs and Blu-Rays lately, so I've got my share of the tracks off CTTE. It could be some 3 years since I've played the original album.

Because of the release of TAAB2 ánd the remixed Steven Wilson-version of TAAB, I listened quite some times to TAAB again. I think the last time was only a month ago.

One of my collegues is a big jazz fan and he states that he listens to KOB by MD (to remain in style - you can figure out the album I guess) at least once every week. Évery week! And he's been doing that for more than half of his life (he's almost 50). Can you imagine doing that? OK, when I buy a great new album I maybe play it every day for one or two weeks, but after that, the frequency will lower a lot. What's your experience with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Hurm View Post
    OK, when I buy a great new album I maybe play it every day for one or two weeks, but after that, the frequency will lower a lot. What's your experience with that?
    When I was young (a teenager) I used to measure an album by how many periods it entered heavy rotation. If I listened to an album a lot, then burned out on it and never went back then it was an okay album, but it was always a big deal when man album entered its second or third phase of heavy rotation. As I've got older, though, I've found it very rare for an album to come back like that. I've got all-time favourite albums that I haven't listened to in a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by Hurm View Post
    One of my collegues is a big jazz fan and he states that he listens to KOB by MD (to remain in style - you can figure out the album I guess) at least once every week. Évery week! And he's been doing that for more than half of his life (he's almost 50). Can you imagine doing that? OK, when I buy a great new album I maybe play it every day for one or two weeks, but after that, the frequency will lower a lot. What's your experience with that?
    I used to know someone (online) who claimed they woke up every morning, did a line of coke and listened to Bowie's Station To Station. Every day!

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Mountain View Post
    I enter manually into Excel.
    I do the same with Microsoft Works Database. The only problem is, I often feel, I should give every album by an artist the same amount of plays, while of course there are albums I like better than others.

Moon - A year or two
    Edge - A few months ago
    Brick - A few months ago
    Sleeping at home is killing the hotel business!

I listened to all three around the same time several months ago when I was trying to make lists of my favourite albums for each year from 1969 and up.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

DSOTM: I got burnt out on it a few years ago. Probably the last time I heard it was live in 2006.
    CTTE: I listened to it a few times this past summer in an attempt to figure out why everyone raves about it. (Sorry)
    TAAB: My radio show cohost and I listened to it at high volume a few weeks ago. Always essential and never gets old.