Thread: Anyone else attending Interlocken (renamed to Locken) music festival?

Anyone else attending Interlocken (renamed to Locken) music festival?

http://www.locknfestival.com/
    Neil Young was the headliner but pulled out at the last minute (something about band member injury.. so whole tour pulled)..
    Big stuff for our small community... expected to double the population of our county for these 4 days!
    Should be a lot of fun.. hope the weather holds... been a very wet spring / summer for us here in central Va.

Well with day one in the books.. onto day two.. Warren Haynes (band) and Govt. Mule were high water marks for me.. Jimmy Cliff should be great today..
    Not being a festival guy per seh... (couldn't resist since this is literally two miles from where I live and they needed volunteers..) don't know how our "traffic scene" compared to other festivals... but there was quite a bit of "gridlock" for folks coming into the show yesterday.. Hopefully now that everybody is in things will go smooth..
    Last edited by happytheman; 09-06-2013 at 09:08 AM.

Day two in the books.. Jimmy Cliff, Further and Zac Brown were all high water marks yesterday... the field finally filled up now that everybody is "in"...Day 2 of Lockn' 9-6-13 059.jpgDay 2 of Lockn' 9-6-13 098.jpgFurther....jpgLockn' 9-5-13 053.jpg

Don't leave before Bruce Hampton's set.....
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

They were very good for sure.. but THE high water mark for the whole 4 days was Tedeschi Trucks Band.. I've seen Derrick before but he pulled out all the stops today.. including their final song melded into Sly and the Family Stones I want to take you higher... Bob Weir came out to join on vocals as well as Chris Robinson from Black Crowes... sent chills through my bones... they were incredible... well worth the 4 days... and to think this could end up being an annual event for our county... very cool!

Very nice!

Several "sets" have been posted on Sugarmegs for those interested.. I'm sure Dime has everything..