Thread: Multimedia Software

Multimedia Software

I'm in need of a new program that will copy CDs/DVDs as well as allow dragging of files into a window for burning. I'm looking at Nero 12 and I see 'system requirements' lists a 2.0 gb processor. This system has a 1.80 gb processor. is it really advisable to not use the Nero program due to that or is the 1.80 'close enough'? I used to use Nero several years ago and loved it but when I upgraded the system I had then, I couldn't afford an upgrade of Nero. I've been using Roxio Easy CD Creator, which has worked fine, but I no longer have it.

advise away.

are you saying you need something that is free or just cheap?
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

0 - $30 or $35. I don't mind paying for a program, just not an expensive one.

it's listed as free but it may still be handicapped (or not totally free). i used an older version back in 08 and it worked pretty well..

ashampoo

you can also check out download.com

download
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

thanks for the links. I saw Ashampoo last night but didn't have time to research it.

I had a version of Nero that came with this PC and it was such an infuriating piece of software I scrubbed it from the system. I'd just like something that would allow me to burn a CD of a concert that didn't have a gap between the tracks.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I had a version of Nero that came with this PC and it was such an infuriating piece of software I scrubbed it from the system. I'd just like something that would allow me to burn a CD of a concert that didn't have a gap between the tracks.
    For burning shows w/o gaps between songs, I recommend Burrrn http://www.burrrn.net/?page_id=6 . I use that all the time & have for years. I'll try Ashampoo. If that doesn't work out, I think I'm going to buy Roxio Easy CD & DVD creator cause I'm familiar with it and know it can copy CD's and DVD's. the Roxio program will also burn shows without gaps. http://www.amazon.com/Easy-Cd-Dvd-Bu...ref=pd_cp_sw_1

Several years ago had a Nero program I loved, but I couldn't afford to upgrade that when I bought a new system.

^ can it copy from 1 disc to another?
    Last edited by davis; 08-22-2013 at 02:53 PM.

I use Ashampoo as well, it works fine for my purposes.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"'Thin Thighs For Your Man.' But I don't *like* men with thin thighs" --Daria

N.P.:“No Chance”-Arkus/1914

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I'd just like something that would allow me to burn a CD of a concert that didn't have a gap between the tracks.
    That's typically just a Disc-at-Once setting you need to set. For some stupid reason, many of the burning apps don't have that set as a default, in case you might want it to ruin the audio disc you're trying to burn.

Quote Originally Posted by Burley Wright View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by davis View Post
    ^ can it copy from 1 disc to another?
    Yes, it takes 2 steps: 1. Create image file from original. 2. Write image file to disc.
    Not quite as convenient as Roxio et al (one step but still requiring disc swap assuming 1 drive) but pretty easy.

^ thanks for letting me know about that. also, I did not know there was a Columbus in Georgia. But then I don't exactly have a vice grip on geography.

You're welcome and you're better off not knowing there's a Columbus in GA