Thread: New album by Canvas called "Long Way To Mars"

New album by Canvas called "Long Way To Mars"

LWTM full cover.jpg

Canvas has a new album out called "Long Way To Mars". Soon to be available at multiple locations.

www.canvasproductions.net

Great! Is this the first release since Digital Pigeon? I still listen to that CD. I like the diversity of music.

Thanks Yodel! It is our first since "Digital Pigeon"...6 years between albums is no way to keep up the interest, but hey, we're busy!

congratulations, man!
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

congratulations, man! are you still doing your radio show, too? busy indeed :P

best of luck to you guys with the new release
    And the code is a play, a play is a song, a song is a film, a film is a dance...

Thanks Polypet! Much appreciated!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    FINALLY had a chance to listen to this (glad the thread was still around) ! Extremely tasty stuff, recommended for fans of Alan Parsons Project, Steely Dan, and not surprisingly, Dark Side of the Moon. It's all very clean and skillfully done, but as with the best of this kind of material, it is NOT lifeless - there are some amazing female vocals, some almost as amazing male vocals, and some even more amazing guitar solos and keyboards.

I compare it to APP, but it actually seems better than a lot of APP to me. Overall, it's great music done by people who obviously have learned from the ground up what goes into music that isvery proggy but also has a healthy dose of pop. I'm looking forward to my commute tomorrow morning so I can give this another listen.

Thanks alot for the kind words JKL2000! Much appreciated!

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I actually have your first CD, which I remember wasn't received that well. I found the songcraft and musicianship to be very good, and I liked the CD, though I have to admit it's been a long time since I've listened to it.

I also bought Digital Pigeon at a NEARfest, but haven't listened to it yet. But this new one is very good, so I need to work backwards.

Reminds me of that Mars Volta track The Widow in a strange way!

"Brightest Star" is actually a Santana cover. It comes from the Zebop album from 1981...thanks for posting!!! We really do appreciate it!