Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Final Season

Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.
    It only gets way better.

It is a great show to binge watch for sure.

You are in for a real treat! I watched it twice and I bet that some have watched it more...did the Breaking Bad Tour in Albuquerque NM a couple of years ago too, it was very enjoyable...
    DSC01590.jpg
    Walter's house
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    It only gets way better.
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.

Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Totally disagree there, I thought this series stayed on a steady climb the whole way through. Maybe the only one that I know of, in fact. Even my favourite series like Six Feet Under had a season that sagged a bit (4) or overstayed their welcome (Oz, Sopranos, Dexter, etc.)
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Also disagree. I thought "Breaking Bad" stayed solid all the way through.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Also disagree. I thought "Breaking Bad" stayed solid all the way through.
    +3

I believe that your opinion is definitely one of the minority and best ignored...go ahead and watch it till the end...
    Dave Sr.

On season 3 right now....this is as far from sucky as you can get. A+ so far straight up.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

"And it's only the giving
    That makes you what you are" - Ian Anderson

Banned
    ^^^

"You're god damned right!".

- you'll witness that piece of dialogue soon...

<edit>
    P.S. don't worry about the last two seasons, they are masterful and unlike GOT, the quality never diminishes. The whole damn thing in fact is expertly crafted from start to finish. Not IMO in fact DAMN IT!
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 05-28-2019 at 03:03 PM.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    ^ Yeah. Season 4 is one of the best seasons of TV ever, IMO. I do have a bit of a problem with the second half of season five (which I won't mention to avoid spoilers)...but to say it's pretty bad is ridiculous.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Finished it. Pretty much my fav series ever, along with Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and Peaky Blinders. Amazing!

The final season was quite dreadful, but I didn't think the same of the preceding season.

The 2nd half of the final season is a full-on crap-fest, though. The show totally fell off a cliff.

Finished it. Pretty much my fav series ever, along with Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and Peaky Blinders. Amazing!
    We share some favourites too..Yay! PEAKY BLINDERS!!

Peaky Blinders Rhyl 1955-1.jpg
    Dave Sr.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The final season was quite dreadful, but I didn't think the same of the preceding season.

The 2nd half of the final season is a full-on crap-fest, though. The show totally fell off a cliff.
    I'd be interested to know how you think Breaking Bad fell off a cliff! Maybe you're talking about Game of Thrones in the wrong thread or something?

Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. In my view it is a masterpiece of modern drama, meticulously crafted and with some of the most powerful and emotive ensemble and individual acting I have ever seen. It neatly ties up the various threads of the plot in a text-book, classic denouement including brilliant call-backs all the way to the first episode and builds on all that has come before creating scenes of incredible emotional content. It will be studied by media students for generations and is already a subject of study in academia.

I have watched it five times and even once with the commentary (I own the DVDs), so I've really studied it. Is it perfect? No. Is all of it plausible? No. Is it one of the best-written, cast, directed and filmed drama series ever produced? Absolutely.

It's certainly not for everyone, but yours is the minority opinion. The final season in paticular of Breaking Bad was hailed by fans and critics alike as an outstanding acheivement. 100% Rotten Tomatoes, 99% media critic, etc. etc. I suggest you re-watch the series in it's entirety.
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 06-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    We share some favourites too..Yay! PEAKY BLINDERS!!

Peaky Blinders Rhyl 1955-1.jpg
    Peaky Blinders was amazing! I can't wait for the new season. I think the writing of BB edges out PB by a tad, but it's pretty damn close.

Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    I'd be interested to know how you think Breaking Bad fell off a cliff! Maybe you're talking about Game of Thrones in the wrong thread or something?

Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. In my view it is a masterpiece of modern drama, meticulously crafted and with some of the most powerful and emotive ensemble and individual acting I have ever seen. It neatly ties up the various threads of the plot in a text-book, classic denouement including brilliant call-backs all the way to the first episode and builds on all that has come before creating scenes of incredible emotional content. It will be studied by media students for generations and is already a subject of study in academia.

I have watched it five times and even once with the commentary (I own the DVDs), so I've really studied it. Is it perfect? No. Is all of it plausible? No. Is it one of the best-written, cast, directed and filmed drama series ever produced? Absolutely.

It's certainly not for everyone, but yours is the minority opinion. The final season in paticular of Breaking Bad was hailed by fans and critics alike as an outstanding acheivement. 100% Rotten Tomatoes, 99% media critic, etc. etc. I suggest you re-watch the series in it's entirety.
    Don't bother trying to talk reason with Facelift....wasting your time.

Peaky Blinders was amazing! I can't wait for the new season. I think the writing of BB edges out PB by a tad, but it's pretty damn close.
    Well I feel that BB is THE best thing I've EVER seen on TV...as we both concur, it started with the Sopranos, Six Feet Under and so on. I loved PB because I'm from Birmingham and felt a strong connection. I have had numerous reservations about the writing. The accents are a bit of a problem for me as they are all over the place.BTW, if you are curious about the photo I attached..it's me second from the right, taken in 1955 in Rhyl, North Wales, after we cycled there from Birmingham.
    Dave Sr.

Be sure to check out Better Call Saul. Despite technically being a spin-off, it's a beast all on its own and driven by the same focused character narrative that made Breaking Bad such a masterpiece. It's definitely not a lazy cash in. It's somewhat lighter in tone, but it hits some really tense highs and is filled with great drama. It also doesn't rely too heavily on nostalgia for Breaking Bad, I.E, it's not a bunch of fan service fluff, but a fully fledged story completely enjoyable as a standalone experience.

The show hasn't finished yet, but with this being Vince Gilligan and all, I expect it to have a satisfying ending.

bump.

El Camino, BB Film, coming to Netflix October 11th

https://twitter.com/BreakingBad/stat...06982947274752

Quote Originally Posted by Guntrip View Post
    Be sure to check out Better Call Saul. The show hasn't finished yet, but with this being Vince Gilligan and all, I expect it to have a satisfying ending.
    https://screenrant.com/breaking-bad-...-bob-odenkirk/
    Hell, they ain't even old-timey ! - Homer Stokes

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    bump.

Interesting. I had heard that this had finished filming and wondered what it could be about.

Looks like it may pick up where they left off. Just wondering how big Bryan Cranston's role will be? He is in the movie, maybe he'll be in some Jesse flashbacks.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Never mind. I guess it hasn't been confirmed that Cranston is in it. Still looking forward to it.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by mnprogger View Post
    bump.

That clip gave me chills. Looking forward to this one.
    Carry On My Blood-Ejaculating Son - JKL2000