Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789
Results 201 to 220 of 220

Thread: Breaking Bad: Final Season

  1. #201
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,295
    Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.

  2. #202
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,359
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.
    It only gets way better.

  3. #203
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.
    It is a great show to binge watch for sure.

  4. #204
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Just started watching BB....I know im about 9 years behind the the times, but so far so good.
    You are in for a real treat! I watched it twice and I bet that some have watched it more...did the Breaking Bad Tour in Albuquerque NM a couple of years ago too, it was very enjoyable...
    DSC01590.jpg
    Walter's house
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  5. #205
    Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    It only gets way better.
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.

  6. #206
    Insect Overlord Progatron's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    southern Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    2,589
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.
    Totally disagree there, I thought this series stayed on a steady climb the whole way through. Maybe the only one that I know of, in fact. Even my favourite series like Six Feet Under had a season that sagged a bit (4) or overstayed their welcome (Oz, Sopranos, Dexter, etc.)
    Two boys have been found rubbing linseed oil into the school cormorant.

  7. #207
    Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Kalamazoo Michigan
    Posts
    3,315
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.
    Also disagree. I thought "Breaking Bad" stayed solid all the way through.

  8. #208
    Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    9,359
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveSly View Post
    Also disagree. I thought "Breaking Bad" stayed solid all the way through.
    +3

  9. #209
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.
    I believe that your opinion is definitely one of the minority and best ignored...go ahead and watch it till the end...
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  10. #210
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.
    On season 3 right now....this is as far from sucky as you can get. A+ so far straight up.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  11. #211
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,346
    ^^^

    "You're god damned right!".

    - you'll witness that piece of dialogue soon...


    <edit>
    P.S. don't worry about the last two seasons, they are masterful and unlike GOT, the quality never diminishes. The whole damn thing in fact is expertly crafted from start to finish. Not IMO in fact DAMN IT!
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 05-28-2019 at 03:03 PM.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

  12. #212
    Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Frownland
    Posts
    755
    ^ Yeah. Season 4 is one of the best seasons of TV ever, IMO. I do have a bit of a problem with the second half of season five (which I won't mention to avoid spoilers)...but to say it's pretty bad is ridiculous.
    No humor please, we're skittish.

    Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

  13. #213
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,295
    Finished it. Pretty much my fav series ever, along with Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and Peaky Blinders. Amazing!
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  14. #214
    Quote Originally Posted by yamishogun View Post
    Last couple of seasons are pretty bad. The fast forward button is your friend.
    The final season was quite dreadful, but I didn't think the same of the preceding season.

    The 2nd half of the final season is a full-on crap-fest, though. The show totally fell off a cliff.

  15. #215
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Finished it. Pretty much my fav series ever, along with Six Feet Under, Sopranos, and Peaky Blinders. Amazing!
    We share some favourites too..Yay! PEAKY BLINDERS!!

    Peaky Blinders Rhyl 1955-1.jpg
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  16. #216
    Orange Tick Squasher Buddhabreath's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Divided Snakes of America
    Posts
    1,346
    Quote Originally Posted by Facelift View Post
    The final season was quite dreadful, but I didn't think the same of the preceding season.

    The 2nd half of the final season is a full-on crap-fest, though. The show totally fell off a cliff.
    I'd be interested to know how you think Breaking Bad fell off a cliff! Maybe you're talking about Game of Thrones in the wrong thread or something?

    Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. In my view it is a masterpiece of modern drama, meticulously crafted and with some of the most powerful and emotive ensemble and individual acting I have ever seen. It neatly ties up the various threads of the plot in a text-book, classic denouement including brilliant call-backs all the way to the first episode and builds on all that has come before creating scenes of incredible emotional content. It will be studied by media students for generations and is already a subject of study in academia.

    I have watched it five times and even once with the commentary (I own the DVDs), so I've really studied it. Is it perfect? No. Is all of it plausible? No. Is it one of the best-written, cast, directed and filmed drama series ever produced? Absolutely.

    It's certainly not for everyone, but yours is the minority opinion. The final season in paticular of Breaking Bad was hailed by fans and critics alike as an outstanding acheivement. 100% Rotten Tomatoes, 99% media critic, etc. etc. I suggest you re-watch the series in it's entirety.
    Last edited by Buddhabreath; 06-04-2019 at 03:44 PM.
    The combined fortunes of the world's 26 richest individuals reached $1.4 trillion last year the same amount as the total wealth of the 3.8 billion poorest people.

  17. #217
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by adap2it View Post
    We share some favourites too..Yay! PEAKY BLINDERS!!

    Peaky Blinders Rhyl 1955-1.jpg
    Peaky Blinders was amazing! I can't wait for the new season. I think the writing of BB edges out PB by a tad, but it's pretty damn close.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  18. #218
    Member chalkpie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Hudson Valley, NY
    Posts
    3,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddhabreath View Post
    I'd be interested to know how you think Breaking Bad fell off a cliff! Maybe you're talking about Game of Thrones in the wrong thread or something?

    Anyway, I couldn't disagree more. In my view it is a masterpiece of modern drama, meticulously crafted and with some of the most powerful and emotive ensemble and individual acting I have ever seen. It neatly ties up the various threads of the plot in a text-book, classic denouement including brilliant call-backs all the way to the first episode and builds on all that has come before creating scenes of incredible emotional content. It will be studied by media students for generations and is already a subject of study in academia.

    I have watched it five times and even once with the commentary (I own the DVDs), so I've really studied it. Is it perfect? No. Is all of it plausible? No. Is it one of the best-written, cast, directed and filmed drama series ever produced? Absolutely.

    It's certainly not for everyone, but yours is the minority opinion. The final season in paticular of Breaking Bad was hailed by fans and critics alike as an outstanding acheivement. 100% Rotten Tomatoes, 99% media critic, etc. etc. I suggest you re-watch the series in it's entirety.
    Don't bother trying to talk reason with Facelift....wasting your time.
    If it isn't Krautrock, it's krap.

  19. #219
    Member adap2it's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Ontario Canada
    Posts
    726
    Quote Originally Posted by chalkpie View Post
    Peaky Blinders was amazing! I can't wait for the new season. I think the writing of BB edges out PB by a tad, but it's pretty damn close.
    Well I feel that BB is THE best thing I've EVER seen on TV...as we both concur, it started with the Sopranos, Six Feet Under and so on. I loved PB because I'm from Birmingham and felt a strong connection. I have had numerous reservations about the writing. The accents are a bit of a problem for me as they are all over the place.BTW, if you are curious about the photo I attached..it's me second from the right, taken in 1955 in Rhyl, North Wales, after we cycled there from Birmingham.
    Dave Sr.

    I prefer Nature to Human Nature

  20. #220
    Be sure to check out Better Call Saul. Despite technically being a spin-off, it's a beast all on its own and driven by the same focused character narrative that made Breaking Bad such a masterpiece. It's definitely not a lazy cash in. It's somewhat lighter in tone, but it hits some really tense highs and is filled with great drama. It also doesn't rely too heavily on nostalgia for Breaking Bad, I.E, it's not a bunch of fan service fluff, but a fully fledged story completely enjoyable as a standalone experience.

    The show hasn't finished yet, but with this being Vince Gilligan and all, I expect it to have a satisfying ending.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •