Page 1 of 10 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Breaking Bad: Final Season

Breaking Bad: Final Season

Anyone watching? I know, silly question! The tension sure is mounting! The last episode went by so fast that it felt like only 10 minutes had passed by the time it ended.

I was a little disappointed in Sundays show. Lots of detailed stuff, but not much action (OK the body count was somewhat acceptable, but with people I didn't care too much about). Some great lines by Saul, but it was suddenly over, and I thought "What just happened?" Jesse has me worried. He's too down, He needs to man up and do something cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Yodelgoat View Post
    Jesse has me worried. He's too down, He needs to man up and do something cool.
    He's got a bad case of "Jiminy Cricket Syndrome." Interesting how in the course of the series, he acquired some semblance of scruples while Walt gradually lost most of his.

Will it be Jesse or Skyler that is ultimately Walt's undoing or death messenger?

I don't think Hank will do it.

Wait, maybe Walt completely skates so that "Breaking Bad-the movie" can be made!

Man, will I miss this show!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

the show never caught on with me but it's obviously very popular which makes me wonder why it's been canceled after only 5 seasons.
    "She said you are the air I breathe
    The life I love, the dream I weave."

Unevensong - Camel

It wasn't cancelled. It was the creator's decision that was supported by the cast.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

I have loved all the episodes so far this season with E2 and Hank/Walt confrontation being the best. This weeks was all great one on one scenes, Hank/Skylar, Maria/Skylar, Hank/Maria and all by himself ...... Walt.

My favorite new character is Lydia Rodarte-Quayle. Even her name is awesome!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Thoughts on "Blood Money" opening episode this year:

Loved the foreshadowing in the opening scene. Where the hell are we? Skateboard park? No, it's the White's pool, a very familiar setting on BrBa, (the floating eyeball, and the Lily of the Valley) but it's a flash forward. (Rewatching season 2 and it opened at the pool too. I wonder if they all open at the pool?)

"Hi Carol"

Lord, I have been anticipating the "Eureka" look on Hank's face for over a year now...focus on the bathroom door now...wait a bit more...and...WOW that was great.

Gawd, how great was that first scene afterwards with Hank barely able to look at Walt's face in the backyard?

But then the scene with Jessie and Walt easily tops it. "I need you to believe that Mike's OK." Yeah right, good job convincing Jessie on that Walt.

Hey is that Junior eating dinner?

"Hi Carol."

But now Hank is in the garage and Walt is in the driveway, OMG that scene was through the roof.

I think Walt was hoping that maybe he can get Hank to break bad with him in his final 6 months of life...

Not going to work out too well, is it Carol?

"Buried" Episode 2:

Hank and Walt in the driveway staring each other down just like gunfighters in a Western.The scene with Hank and Skyler at the diner was a pretty intense 7 minutes. Just the looks on both actors faces are enough, you almost don't even need dialog. Great stuff.

Then the Marie slap scene! More intensity.

Also been dvring Talking Bad, it has been really good. Last week the guest was Vince Gilligan, and this week it was Anna Gunn and Aaron Paul. They asked him which would be the worst for Jessie, finding out Walt:

Let his g/f choke
    Poisoned the little kid
    Shot Mike

His reaction was great.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

I've seen Blood Money, not yet seen Buried....but look forward to it.
    Awesome start to the end, I think....

The first two episodes have been incredible. The acting, writing, camera work, everything is just perfect. Only 6 shows from the end and this thing could still go in a dozen different directions. I also agree with the other posters that the shows seem to go by so fast that they are over before you even realize an hour has gone by.

I have also been watching “Talking Bad”. The first episode was good, but the actress they had on was kind of annoying. This week’s was much better with two cast members.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    It wasn't cancelled. It was the creator's decision that was supported by the cast.
    Yes, Breaking Bad is very similar to LOST, The Sopranos, The Wire, and a few other dramas in which an ending was planned, while ratings remained high. “Mad Men” (still very highly rated, also on AMC) will have it’s final season next year as well. I have a feeling that Breaking Bad’s ending will be written much better than LOST which was still a bit of a letdown.

Steve Sly

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    Anyone watching? I know, silly question! The tension sure is mounting! The last episode went by so fast that it felt like only 10 minutes had passed by the time it ended.
    I really noticed this last night. Seemed I had just started watching and then it was over. Some great plot twists last night. Walt's "confession" really blew me away and the show ending with Jesse hell bent on revenge, has me chomping at the bit for next week.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Jesse being the cause of Walt's demise is the most fair way to do it, IMO. Walt has always known that Jesse is a loose cannon and has the potential to screw up even the best laid plans. Somewhere along the line, Hank became Captain Ahab (all the way down to the limp) and now is morally unfit for the task. Skylar is too complicit to get all self-righteous now. I guess Todd could do it, but that would only make sense within the BB narrative if Walt was to get back in the game, so to speak. Although I guess he could still be involved, tying in the "once you're in, you can never get out" theme, which has pervaded organized crime dramas throughout the years.

That video Walt put together was an absolute thing of beauty. Horrifying and hilarious at the same time, (horrilarious?) it was just amazing to watch Walt weaving truth into his elaborate lies and watching Hank's face as he watched? Priceless.

I was very confused about how Jesse figured out Walt poisoned Brock after all this time.

Anyways, Alan Sepinwall, as usual, has an excellent recap which lays out the timeline for the ricin/Huel/switcheroo, which helped clear thing up for me.

Walt better be careful- if Ahab Hank winds up in a position where he feels he truly has nothing to lose he's going to turn into the Terminator. Which, judging from the flash-forwards, may be just where this is heading.

Careful of Spoilers Readers.

Loved last night and as others have mentioned, the confession video was brilliant. The acting by Hank and Marie, morosely watching that tape was classic and I bet exactly mirrored the expressions of millions of viewers across the country at the same time.

I also didn't pick up on what Jesse had figured out until he explained it at Saul's office and by that time it felt expository. For now, I'm on the edge of my seat for next week.
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Walt better be careful- if Ahab Hank winds up in a position where he feels he truly has nothing to lose he's going to turn into the Terminator. Which, judging from the flash-forwards, may be just where this is heading.
    Why would Walt start being careful now? His whole character arc from day 1 is that his cancer means he has nothing to lose.

"Tread lightly" , said Heisenberg, the man who knocks. (not Walt)

Another brilliant episode. This thing could still go a dozen different ways before it is over.

Steve Sly

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Why would Walt start being careful now? His whole character arc from day 1 is that his cancer means he has nothing to lose.

"Tread lightly" , said Heisenberg, the man who knocks. (not Walt)
    He has his family to lose- which is ostensibly why he's done all this in the first place (not that I believe that ) And he's always been able to outsmart his enemies but they've generally had something to protect themselves, and/or acted with some degree of predictability. So far the loosest canon has been Tuco, but Hank is a potential level of crazy that could make Tuco look like Gus. Hank doesn't even have kids to worry about.

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post

I was very confused about how Jesse figured out Walt poisoned Brock after all this time.

Anyways, Alan Sepinwall, as usual, has an excellent recap which lays out the timeline for the ricin/Huel/switcheroo, which helped clear thing up for me.
    Very helpful! They didn't do a great job of laying this out! Definitely a show that requires you to put the puzzle pieces together!

Proud Member since 2/2002 UnderAGlassMoon's Avatar
    You could be right, but I think Walt painted Hank, and Marie to an extent, into a corner with his "confession". Hank looked defeated at the end of the show when he left his office. I am sure it will twist another way though. It seems Jesse is the one that Walt needs to worry about right now.
    Eric: "What the hell Hutch, it's all Rush, what if we wanted a little variety?"

Hutch: "Rush is variety, Bitch! Rule number one: in my van, its Rush! All Rush, all the time...no exceptions."

From "Fanboys" 2009.

Clearly Mr. White has a split personality- Walt and Heisenberg. He broke bad and transformed into Heisenberg, and never ever sees the consequences of his actions as being his fault. He just morphs back to become boringly normal Walter who loves his family.

One of my favorite scenes is when Mr. White is at the HS gym after the plane crash, and everyone is raining their pity down on him. He hates it, but not because in reality he caused the crash. The looks on Cranston's face alone during that scene could have won his Emmy, as far as I'm concerned.

He can't take the pity, and he wants to stay Heisenberg all the time so he cannot be pitied.

But the crash is probably the pinnacle of Heisenberg's sins, yet it seems likely he'll never get the blame....

Cranston, who has already snagged some high-profile supporting roles in feature films, will become a major leading man once BB is done imo. He can do comedy ("Malcolm") as well as scare the shit out of you.

Cranston as Batman. Imagine that... but yeah, he should be in a position to land about any role he wants at this point. He's Bill Murray on steroids.

Cranston as Batman. Imagine that... but yeah, he should be in a position to land about any role he wants at this point. He's Bill Murray on steroids.
    Well, he's already signed on as Lex Luthor in the Superman franchise.