Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Exciting times ahead this autumn/fall.

Quote Originally Posted by nosebone View Post
    Helmet of Gnats are currently mixing their NEARfest Apocalypse gig for release.
    Cool.

Up to this point, sorry to say, I wasn't excited.

Some others:

September from Soleil Zeuhl:

- ESKATON : 4 visions on vinyl - with the said original cover
    - CAILLOU : same (fans of ONE SHOT will love that one - POWERFUL !!)
    - ALAIN ECKERT QUARTET : reissue of the 1981 album + live bonus (Bringolf / Dallio / Eckert / Lecointe)
    - UNIT WAIL : Retort - their 2nd, again with Frank Fromy from Shub Niggurath

Cuneiform in September:

new Miriodor
    new Pixel
    Robert Wyatt - '68
    new Claudia Quintet - September
    new Zevious
    new Chrome Hoof

September Altrock releases:

Fad-011 The Worm Ouroboros (Fading records)
    Alt-036 Empty Days
    Alt-037 Spaltklang "in Between"
    Alt-038 Mirthkon "Snack(s)"
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Quote Originally Posted by selmer View Post
    The new Frost should be out only next summer. There have been several delays, I was hoping for this year but not so long ago Jem Godfrey said that the plan now is to release the next album in 2014. At first it was only one album, some songs were already posted (they were amazing), but now they are planning to make new Frost records in 2014, 2015 and 2016 - so the next three years there should be a new album. I don't know if some of the posted songs will be on the 2014 record, when the record will exactly be released and if they really will make those three albums because as I understand it, Jem is also busy with other things, so it takes some time to release new music.
    Three albums in three years? Where do I sign up?
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

From just a bit outside the prog umbrella:

Tim Hecker, Oneohtrix Point Never, and Ryiuchi Sakamoto / Taylor Deupree all have releases in Sept/Oct.
    There is also the Crisis box from Mike Oldfield, which should be fun.

Oh yeah: the new Kayo Dot album Hubardo is supposed to land in September. Looks like the digital half will be on time, not so sure about the physical media preorders.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

- ALAIN ECKERT QUARTET : reissue of the 1981 album + live bonus (Bringolf / Dallio / Eckert / Lecointe)

Cuneiform in September:

new Miriodor
    new Pixel
    Robert Wyatt - '68
    new Zevious
    new Chrome Hoof

Fad-011 The Worm Ouroboros (Fading records)
    Alt-036 Empty Days
    You saved me the effort of tracking these down to post here
    Pretty much looking to buy most of these.

Aranis, Present & Univers Zero are all working on new material though I have no idea when they may appear.

Also of interest to me on Wayside's "Coming Soon" list with no definitive dates:-

3 MICE: CEDRIC VUILLE/DAVE WILLEY/ELAINE DI FALCO (2nd album)
    AQUASERGE-4th album and it's a killer!
    CAMEMBERT-Negative Toe
    CASSIBER (box set with a live DVD as well as unreleased material on CD along with the four albums we already know and love)
    HAPPY FAMILY (after over 15 years away, Happy Family return and sound like they've never been gone! You'll be amazed how great they sound!)
    INNER EAR BRIGADE (their 2nd release on AltrOck)
    SONAR-Static Motion (another incredible, tension-filled, avant/math-rock wonder)
    TATVAMSI-Parts of the Entirety (debut release by this all-instrumental, guitar/sax/bass/drums jazz/new music band with stylistic ties to groups like Gutbucket, etc. A really excellent debut!)
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Three albums in three years? Where do I sign up?
    I think a lot of people would like to know where to sign up so that it really happens I think that it is guaranteed that there will be a DVD in the very near future (the work is almost completed) and at least one studio album. Jem said that there will be three. It would be great. I just hope that they have enough energy and inspiration to release three in three years.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    You saved me the effort of tracking these down to post here
    Pretty much looking to buy most of these.

Aranis, Present & Univers Zero are all working on new material though I have no idea when they may appear.

Also of interest to me on Wayside's "Coming Soon" list with no definitive dates:-

3 MICE: CEDRIC VUILLE/DAVE WILLEY/ELAINE DI FALCO (2nd album)
    AQUASERGE-4th album and it's a killer!
    CAMEMBERT-Negative Toe
    CASSIBER (box set with a live DVD as well as unreleased material on CD along with the four albums we already know and love)
    HAPPY FAMILY (after over 15 years away, Happy Family return and sound like they've never been gone! You'll be amazed how great they sound!)
    SONAR-Static Motion (another incredible, tension-filled, avant/math-rock wonder)
    TATVAMSI-Parts of the Entirety (debut release by this all-instrumental, guitar/sax/bass/drums jazz/new music band with stylistic ties to groups like Gutbucket, etc. A really excellent debut!)
    Sweet...didn't know Present was working on new stuff.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    Glass Hammer should have an album out before the end of the year again, but we won't announce it until it's further along.
    Will you guys have a different singer on this one since Jon is busy with Yes?

Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    Will you guys have a different singer on this one since Jon is busy with Yes?
    Jon's already recorded one song. Carl will sing a lot of the album but we'll have at least two vocalists from our past doing cameos, if not more.

I didn't know that Emerson will be on the next Ayreon release. That's a bonus.
    Wakeman too, it was announced today.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

LWTM full cover.jpg

Canvas just released a new album called "Long Way To Mars". 10 tracks, clocking in at just under 50 minutes in length, our best album yet by far....

www.canvasproductions.net
    www.canvasproductions.net

Jon's already recorded one song. Carl will sing a lot of the album but we'll have at least two vocalists from our past doing cameos, if not more.
    Who is Carl? Have I missed something?
    Those cameos - those are excellent news. Extended cameos are also welcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Wakeman too, it was announced today.
    My interest grows in this. I didn't like the last few Ayreon albums. I think that starting with second album they were good - the second half of the 90's and the first half of 2000's. There was some kind of a middle stint which I liked. Also Arjens last solo album was alright.

Who is Carl? Have I missed something?
    Carl Groves of Salem Hill, who was on Culture Of Ascent

Salem Hill made some decent stuff awhile back. What happened to them? Robbery of Murder was really good.Didn't Groves appear on a Neal Morse album too?

These:

Quote Originally Posted by Poisoned Youth View Post

Cuneiform in September:

new Miriodor
    Robert Wyatt - '68

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post

CAMEMBERT-Negative Toe

Banned
    Will Jon record anymore songs with GH?

New Aquaserge? Hurray!
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Will Jon record anymore songs with GH?
    Probably not for this album.

Banned
    Probably not for this album.
    While I am sad about that, I just hopes that means he's working really hard with Yes on a new studio project.

While I am sad about that, I just hopes that means he's working really hard with Yes on a new studio project.
    Yes moves at the pace of paint drying... we shall see...
    Last edited by trurl; 08-22-2013 at 11:12 PM.

I see. Haven't heard that album for a while. It was my first Glass Hammer record. Liked it so much that I got the debut very soon afterwards.
    I think it's great that this next album will also have other participants. The idea to bring in some of the people that you worked with is awesome, I wish more bands did this.

Quote Originally Posted by KELLY WELSH View Post
    Salem Hill made some decent stuff awhile back. What happened to them? Robbery of Murder was really good.Didn't Groves appear on a Neal Morse album too?
    I think they haven't released anything for a while. I think that they have some excellent songs but I find some of the albums a bit uneven and the production sometimes is too soft and dry for my liking. But some songs are really good.

Liked it so much that I got the debut very soon afterwards.
    Oops- sorry about that *lol*

Don't beat yourself up too much.
    Culture Of Ascent is "exceeding magnifical".

Maybe you misunderstood me.
    What I meant was - Culture was my first GH record and I really liked it. Afterwards I decided to check out the rest of the discography because after Culture I was interested in what else you guys have done.
    I did not mean it in a way that I did not like Culture and therefore returned to something which I like. It was not meant that way.
    My favourites still are Perelandra, On To Evermore and Chronometree.