Page 42 of 42 FirstFirst ... 323839404142
Results 1,026 to 1,037 of 1037

Thread: RF confirms new KC. 7 Piece Lineup!

chalkpie
    Does anybody know where that photo was taken? Is this place rented or does Frippo own it?

It's part of Elstree Film Studios, which suggests that it's rented.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Cool man - thanks. Here it is then:

http://www.elstreestudios.co.uk/

Quote Originally Posted by Baribrotzer View Post
    Haha! Here I am inserting Yes-related content into your KC thread (moo ah ah ahh!!!)

I'm holding out for the Wilson-mixed 5.1 super-duper walletbuster special anniversary extra adjectives edition.

chalkpie
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Haha! Here I am inserting Yes-related content into your KC thread (moo ah ah ahh!!!)

Ooooops...that's a yellow card, friend.

I've been waiting a mighty long time to see King Crimson.. Am making the trek from Melbourne, Australia to New York to see the first three NY shows at Best Buy. Figure I won't get another shot at seeing KC.. and it's not like they're going to come to Oz any time soon :-) Can't wait - this will be an amazing musical experience...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by mud_shark View Post
    I've been waiting a mighty long time to see King Crimson.. Am making the trek from Melbourne, Australia to New York to see the first three NY shows at Best Buy. Figure I won't get another shot at seeing KC.. and it's not like they're going to come to Oz any time soon :-) Can't wait - this will be an amazing musical experience...
    Wow, now that's dedication.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Paulrus View Post
    Then so shall I.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

An extra night at the Vic Theatre, Chicago has been added to the forthcoming tour. King Crimson will perform on Saturday 27th September. Tickets go on sale Friday August 1st
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by mozo-pg View Post
    When I saw Fripp with the League of Gentlemen he stopped the show and threatened to leave. The more things change the more things stay the same. I think Mr. Fripp takes it to an extreme. He has the right to ask for no photography but policing the shows definitely takes away from my enjoyment, even in 1980.
    But do blame the right people... Those who take photos despite all instructions otherwise....

Quote Originally Posted by battema View Post

As to Fripp "getting with the times" I say ha, whatever. Been to plenty of shows, music, theater, exhibits, and more...lots say nothing about cameras. Lots say "don't use 'em or you get tossed." If it's not said clearly then all's fair. But if it's said pretty clearly, on tickets, via signage, via announcements prior to the show...that's not being "with the times," that's being a selfish asshat. Which yes, one could argue is "with the times" although I'd probably more label that as timeless

Will some people still do it? Sure. Do I think we should all fold to poor manners simply because "everyone else is doing it?" No thanks.
    Like he said!

As per dgmlive.com, VIP offers for most shows, including sold-out NYC gigs are being offered. Tix for these in NYC range from $215 - 345 per seat.
    https://slotix.com/tours/king-crimso...128b58VwR2BFV=
    Also of note, the link contains king-crimson/farewell-tour in the https:// for whatever reason as this notion had not been confirmed previously.

Front Row Package
    One Front Row Ticket
    Crowd-free merchandise shopping
    Exclusive merchandise item
    Collectible laminate to remember your evening

Gold Hot Seat Package
    One Premium Price Level 1 Ticket

Silver Hot Seat Package
    One Premium Price Level 2 Ticket