Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: YES-High Vibrations-16 SACD box set with 12 song rarities disc.

amazon now states...

$624.99 & FREE Shipping

did this turn into an eBay auction?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Scherze View Post
    MakesThe Road to Red look like a bargain, now, doesn't it?
    Probably because it is!

I too thought the Kikuchi CDs were appaling, but there's no point damning them in advance. There's no way I'm paying out for these SACDs, especially after my recent AF and HDTracks investments in Yes products, but I think we should all wait and sample the product when it is released. Assume makes and ass of you and me.

Quote Originally Posted by jcarr73729 View Post
    I too thought the Kikuchi CDs were appaling, but there's no point damning them in advance. There's no way I'm paying out for these SACDs, especially after my recent AF and HDTracks investments in Yes products, but I think we should all wait and sample the product when it is released. Assume makes and ass of you and me.
    That's nice and "PC" of you but in my experience mastering engineers typically have a certain "sound" that is their sonic stamp. It can vary a bit, sure, but Kikuchi has mastered quite a lot of Yes through the years and his approach has usually been about the same. Lots of smiley-faced EQ and sucking out any midrange. Very "supercharged" sound that might be a fun ride for a few minutes but starts to sound silly over a longer listening period.

He's also done some Renaissance titles in a very similar manner.

So people are only being reasonable in figuring that if a guy has a style they haven't liked in the past, they aren't going to spend $500 or whatever it is just to see if he's finally "changed his ways."

Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    That's nice and "PC" of you but in my experience mastering engineers typically have a certain "sound" that is their sonic stamp. It can vary a bit, sure, but Kikuchi has mastered quite a lot of Yes through the years and his approach has usually been about the same. Lots of smiley-faced EQ and sucking out any midrange. Very "supercharged" sound that might be a fun ride for a few minutes but starts to sound silly over a longer listening period.

He's also done some Renaissance titles in a very similar manner.

So people are only being reasonable in figuring that if a guy has a style they haven't liked in the past, they aren't going to spend $500 or whatever it is just to see if he's finally "changed his ways."
    There's also a pretty good chance that somebody will post these somewhere,maybe even here to let people know for sure how they'll sound. I say this because that's what always happens and sooner than later usually. Btw,I have no interest in getting these either.

I wouldn't spend $500 on a yes box set even if God almighty mastered it.

Quote Originally Posted by warrplayer View Post
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

How come so much? JAPAN?

That truly would be High Vibrations !

It equates to about $31 per CD , very steep !

Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    That truly would be High Vibrations !

It equates to about $31 per CD , very steep !
    I expect sales to be less than stellar.