Thread: CORIMA at ProgDay 2013!

CORIMA at ProgDay 2013!

CORIMA at ProgDay 2013!

"Corima is a stunning amalgamation of musicians, bridging the past foundations of...Zeuhl and the modern musings of experimental fusion...With Corima, I feel the sound is launched far into the future and grafted with shades of many worlds and still lives on its own regardless of the past foundations that are present...Every song is filled with an abundance of musical composition and directions to making music. To nail the intervals, spacing and free form embellishments that Corima achieves is a task all its own. To make it sound as tasteful and soothing as their full length Quetzalcoatl is really puts me back in my seat."
    - Erik Otis, SOUNDCOLOURVIBRATION.COM

"Corima is a young US band playing zeuhl music! The band formed a few years ago in Texas before moving to LA as a duo and then recruiting new members...Corima's music owes a lot to Magma...being a succession of personal ideas and heavy glimpses towards the master founder of the Zeuhl genre. The cosmogony is no longer Kobaďan but deals with the Mexican myth of Quetzalcoatl (the feathered-snake God) who talks to his people... In short, Corima... pays homage to Magma in a very festive way, taking an approach rather similar to Koenjihyakkei."
    - Soleil Zeuhl

ProgDay is very pleased to host the five-piece band's first show on the east coast of the US.

CORIMA (US) will join OBLIVION SUN (US), HERD OF INSTINCT (US), MIRIODOR (Canada), THANK YOU SCIENTIST (US) and SIMAKDIALOG (Indonesia) at ProgDay 2013, the nineteenth edition of the world's longest running progressive rock festival. ProgDay 2013 will take place on Saturday, August 31st, and Sunday, September 1st, at Storybook Farm in Chapel Hill, North Carolina. For more information, and to hear music from all of this year's bands, please visit us at www.progday.net.

Thanks!

Michael

---------------

www.progday.net
    www.michaelbennett.com
    Last edited by Miciah; 08-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.

WOW!

GREAT pick/catch.

However, it isn't their 1st East Coast show, as I saw them in DC about 5 years ago.

It is the first East Coast show by the CURRENT version of the band.

ANYWAY, very happy to be seeing them in less than 3 weeks.

Again, great pick!
    Last edited by Steve F.; 08-12-2013 at 08:13 PM.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Thanks Steve. Yeah, they played as a duo. That's why the announcement says "the five piece band's..."
    Last edited by Miciah; 08-12-2013 at 08:23 PM.

Wow! The good news just keeps comin'!

Great pick. Congrats!
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Great great signing, I'm stoked.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That came out of left field. Excellent choice.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.