Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678

Thread: Jack 'O The Clock (great avantprog you do not want to miss out)

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I agree, and I'd be VERY happy to attend those types of events.
    I know you would!

My posting was meant as a general 'warning' as to where things are at and what's in the air nowadays for folks who think there will just suddenly be 'another' one of these festivals. There likely won't be.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

This space for rent: Well established location. Perfect opportunity for an up and coming smart-ass to benefit from our years of provocation!

"You run a great label, but sometimes you go out of your way to be a jerk." - Jed Levin

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    That old Cardiacs group seem to put on annual events with the younger bands as the focus (Thumpermonkey, Prescott, Trojan Horse, etc).
    Unfortunately, you’re not likely to see Trojan Horse again. They’ve called it a day.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    Unfortunately, you’re not likely to see Trojan Horse again. They’ve called it a day.
    So I saw, really liked that band.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

[…] Trojan Horse […] called it a day.
    Not well. Solid band.

But these folx are reasonably young, aren't they? So there's hope for more goods in the future.
    "Improvisation is not an excuse for musical laziness" - Fred Frith
    "[...] things that we never dreamed of doing in Crimson or in any band that I've been in," - Tony Levin speaking of SGM

^Did you listen to the live album Richard? What are your thoughts on it? I am blown away.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Listened to it again yesterday, really impressed, excellent production and the music comes to life with live interpretations. Reminds me of the surprise I felt when listening to the Yugen live album Mirrors. I wasn't expecting to be so pleasantly surprised by that one.
    Ian

I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Nice little email I just received from Jack O' The Clock:

"Psst...new music!

"To commemorate Jack O' The Clock's decade together in the Bay Area, we are releasing the first of a two-volume compilation of previously-unreleased material, NO OUTLET.

"WE NEED YOUR HELP EXPANDING OUR AUDIENCE!!

"NO OUTLET is not for sale, it’s a FREE DOWNLOAD for anyone who could give us a hand in spreading the word about the band in some way. Here are some things you could do:

"-spin us on your music podcast or radio show
    -send us to your friend who has a music podcast or radio show, runs a festival, etc.
    -include us on a public Spotify playlist
    -write a review of one of our albums anyplace our music is sold (Amazon, CDBaby, etc).
    -write about us in your blog, or otherwise spread the word on social media
    -anything else you can come up with…it all helps!

Then, just reply to this email letting us know and we’ll send you a download code."

I'm happy to help, though I don't know if this counts. I'll share on FB. Maybe write an Amazon review. This is a band that definitely deserves more ears!

--
    http://jackotheclock.com
    https://jackotheclock.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/JackOTheClock/
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Nice little email I just received from Jack O' The Clock:

"Psst...new music!

"To commemorate Jack O' The Clock's decade together in the Bay Area, we are releasing the first of a two-volume compilation of previously-unreleased material, NO OUTLET.

"WE NEED YOUR HELP EXPANDING OUR AUDIENCE!!

"NO OUTLET is not for sale, it’s a FREE DOWNLOAD for anyone who could give us a hand in spreading the word about the band in some way. Here are some things you could do:

"-spin us on your music podcast or radio show
    -send us to your friend who has a music podcast or radio show, runs a festival, etc.
    -include us on a public Spotify playlist
    -write a review of one of our albums anyplace our music is sold (Amazon, CDBaby, etc).
    -write about us in your blog, or otherwise spread the word on social media
    -anything else you can come up with…it all helps!

Then, just reply to this email letting us know and we’ll send you a download code."

I'm happy to help, though I don't know if this counts. I'll share on FB. Maybe write an Amazon review. This is a band that definitely deserves more ears!

--
    http://jackotheclock.com
    https://jackotheclock.bandcamp.com/
    https://www.facebook.com/JackOTheClock/
    Nice! I have written few JackO’ reviews so I will definitely participate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "A waste of talent and electricity." John Peel on ELP