Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Thread: Show us your music collection/music rooms.

Last edited by Modry Effekt; 10-05-2014 at 06:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Great CRYSTAL THOUGHTS wall!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    Great CRYSTAL THOUGHTS wall!
    Thanks! I sent the photo to Dedalos.He was of course,very delighted.
    Still missing "1435 Miles" on my collection.

Added a fourth shelf which helped reduce clutter, and I now have some nice 'breathing room' for additions over the next while. I've even thought ahead and left room for the War Child box that comes out in a week or two. Also took the time while I was it to do a rearranging. One shelf is now all international stuff (Italian, Swedish, Finnish, French, etc.) which will make it easier to find certain titles. Second photo is a detailed shot of what I like to keep close by (you know, since there's room for it).

cd2.jpg

cd1.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

The newly remodelled man cave!

Nice, Brick. Where'd you get that coffee table, it looks like one my dad built in the sixties.

I live in an ephemeral eternity

149 days? Pffft. Better get started listening!

The Nelson Bench was my parents... had it since... as long as I remember!

Nice room, strawberrybrick!

Nelson bench, huh? Never knew that was the name before. I learnt me something today.

Strawberrybrick, how many LPs do you have? And what are the electronics in that stand?
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

3-4 thousand records?
    Electronics ... I have Project turntable, Musical Fidelity VDAC and VLPS, and some older tube gear, older Oppo Uni player, Marantz HT Receiver, and B&K MOSFET Amp. Speakers are PSB Synchrony line. Also have a Class D amp I built and a Raspberry Pi with the HifiBerry DAC (sitting on the subwoofer), those go to the old Epicure speakers. Fun.

Had to add a fifth shelf as I've had a lot come in over the last third of the year or so... ordered it from IKEA online just before Christmas and it showed up today, my last day of holidays before heading back to work. A nice way to spend some time doing some rearranging. Now a lot of breathing room for new additions and I was able to incorporate different heights on the shelves to allow for oversized boxes, etc. Plenty of space now available for some time to come! ... oh, and look at the old concert ticket I found buried away! I was 19 then... seems incomprehensible now...

cdshelves1.jpg cdshelves2.jpg cdshelves4.jpg

genesis ticket.jpg
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Had to add a fifth shelf as I've had a lot come in over the last third of the year or so... ordered it from IKEA online just before Christmas and it showed up today, my last day of holidays before heading back to work. A nice way to spend some time doing some rearranging. Now a lot of breathing room for new additions and I was able to incorporate different heights on the shelves to allow for oversized boxes, etc. Plenty of space now available for some time to come! ... oh, and look at the old concert ticket I found buried away! I was 19 then... seems incomprehensible now...
    I have two of those IKEA b/w bauhaus CD cabinets, used for overflow and the wife's collection of Industrial/EBM/80s. I'm really surprised they don't make them, quite a nice piece of furniture.

I thought I'd take part and show my room as I kept a keen eye on this forum when I was designing my room....
    IMG_2952.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    I have two of those IKEA b/w bauhaus CD cabinets, used for overflow and the wife's collection of Industrial/EBM/80s. I'm really surprised they don't make them, quite a nice piece of furniture.
    Yeah, it's a shame as I really like that one. I'd have definitely purchased another one (or two) by now if they still made them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cygnus74 View Post
    I thought I'd take part and show my room as I kept a keen eye on this forum when I was designing my room....
    IMG_2952.jpg
    Beautiful! Looks great!

Nice!

Some of you guys could have bought a beach home in Malibu if you weren't addicted to prog. lol

Does it count if someone posts a photo of an external harddrive?

Quote Originally Posted by 2steves View Post
    Some of you guys could have bought a beach home in Malibu if you weren't addicted to prog. lol
    A home without music isn't a home.

I've been collecting for 45 years so it was never a big expenditure at any one time -- just a slow drip, drip, drip of money out the door.

For anyone here who may be a Facebook user, I've created a group focusing on prog and related collections, if you'd like to join.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/483083355182549/