Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: The 15 Most Hated Bands of Last 30 Years

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    "Good" is completely subjective.
    exactly

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    You have three chord strumming hacks making millions because they are packaged to look edgy and hip, while musicians capable of composing complex masterpieces are holding down day jobs to pay bills so they can do the music they want to do because they do not have a big label pushing for them. Criticizing this fact is not being "jealous".
    It's so easy, everyone's doing it!
    OK, I LOL'd, but I completely understand what Rune is trying to say. There are bands that I would consider on the lower branches of the talent tree, but they have 4 or 5 hot looking video-friendly 18 to 21-year-old guys that have a band on PureVolume that has over 5000 + mostly teenage female "Fans" (PureVolume's version of the Facebook "Like"). (Corporate) Record labels, agents, and Producers are most certainly going to consider that number of "Fans" regardless of "How talented are these guys?".

In the recent decade, hardware and software improvements have allowed Producers to finally be able to achieve the highly sought after holy grail of "polishing-a-turd". There are many times I'll catch some same band playing live in a video/TV that makes my skin cringe and sounds nothing like the recording (I am SO biting my teeth right now on not naming names )...Gotta give them credit for not lip-syncing
    Last edited by klothos; 08-19-2013 at 01:07 AM.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Rufus View Post
    Oasis have never denied their Beatles influence & agree they have stole riffs & choruses from T-Rex , Gary Glitter ,New Seekers , Beatles to name a few . Their not the first & last band to plaigarise (re: Led Zep ). However Noel Gallagher is a talented song writer & along with his solo album , he has wrote some cracking songs that sound like nothing else !
    just for clarification-Noel is the much more tolerable guitarist? Or is he the snotty sounding guitarist?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Right - because you're so objective about music from the 80s.
    Of course I am

I'n a non-discriminative man... I hate it all equally
    Last edited by Trane; 08-19-2013 at 10:49 AM.
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.