Thread: The Winery Dogs and District 97 in Chicago Last Night

The Winery Dogs and District 97 in Chicago Last Night

This was a great show by both bands.

The Winery Dogs played a great show, same set as the previous 12 shows, but all good. Kotzen is fantastic on guitar and his voice was in great shape, yes he sounds a lot like Chris Cornell but who cares? It was the first time I got to see Billy Sheenan live and suffice to say he impressed. He is getting up there in age, but was relentless (and quite sweaty) and was having a great time. And of course there's our boy Portnoy, having fun as usual, much smaller drum set that usual but for this music, it was perfect. I still have yet to see anyone have more fun playing live than MP. As you can tell by now I enjoyed the show and looking forward to their Chicago return October 18 (Durty Nellies).

As for District 97, another great show by them as well, my only beef is that they should have a bigger audience, would love to see them hit the road on a Warped Tour, would certainly give them more exposure. I have been to Warped Tour a few times and they can play with just about any band I have seen there (I bring my teenage daughter). (D97 I am sure you'll read this, get up north one of these days a Viper Alley, Austins Saloon, etc...)

Quote Originally Posted by malterb View Post
    As for District 97, another great show by them as well, my only beef is that they should have a bigger audience)
    That's a beef I can live with Thanks for coming, and check us out at Reggie's again with John Wetton on 10/17!

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    That's a beef I can live with Thanks for coming, and check us out at Reggie's again with John Wetton on 10/17!
    You know I love you guys, JS, but I gotta admit that the main reason Kay & I will be there is the phone call I got from a very close friend in Louisville yesterday.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

What was the venue capacity ?

It was a sellout. I think there were 400 people there.

Nice!

I'd guess closer to 250. It's not big at all.

Once again play up North D97

dregsfan, I booked the Winery Dogs/D97 show at it actually WAS a sell out. 400 Capacity.

Quote Originally Posted by porctree711 View Post
    dregsfan, I booked the Winery Dogs/D97 show at it actually WAS a sell out. 400 Capacity.
    I happened to be at Reggies on Saturday, was chatting with our server. I asked if she worked the night of the Winery Dogs show, she said yes, it was sold out, but better for her, she had her best night of the year for tips !

I also saw that District97 is playing a 30-minute set Sunday afternoon on 8/25 at the Wabash streetfest.
    http://bashonwabash.org/

Quote Originally Posted by Ken View Post
    I also saw that District97 is playing a 30-minute set Sunday afternoon on 8/25 at the Wabash streetfest.
    http://bashonwabash.org/
    Which is great, because not only is it kid friendly, it's our Penny's 6th birthday!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Quote Originally Posted by porctree711 View Post
    Very nice to hear that is the case. While obviously the crowd was there to see Winery Dogs, I do hope, and expect that D97 made some new fans that night.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Which is great, because not only is it kid friendly, it's our Penny's 6th birthday!
    As in Penny Lane, eh?

Only one UK date on their just announced European tour . In London no less, just typical!!!!
    Last edited by Rufus; 08-15-2013 at 06:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    As in Penny Lane, eh?
    Lucy as in Sky With Diamonds
    Penny as in Lane
    and who also have the initials "LP"

523452_419908904786655_1591378847_n.jpg
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"