Thread: Prog Temple label

Prog Temple label

I saw handful of Prog Temple releases arriving to catalogs.Anyone know about legimite ?

One CD : Spring s/t
    Vinyls : Time s/t uk 1975
    life : life after death - is this good anyway?
    formerly fat harry s/t (ex member of Country Joe & The Fish)
    tonto's expanding head band : zero time

All fake.

Thank you.

What about this ?
    MOVING GELATINE PLATES - The world of genius Hans
    [LP] LABEL: CBS 22.00EUR

Label : CBS
    Second album by French proggers originally from 1972. Soft machine meets Mothers of Invention, impossible to find the originals in good condition. Exact perfect reissue with glossy cover and made from the original masters!!

As I figured, the Prog Temple seems to be a pirate outfit. It’s a damn shame, that Time album is excellent and deserves a proper reissue.

The Life album was a letdown when I finally heard it, more a proto-AOR release than proper prog, though the suites that open and close the album are pretty rockin’. Probably most comparable to A Band Called “O” if you know them; the bookend tracks are not unlike “A Smile Is Diamond,” and the filler tracks are similar to ABCO’s. Rare Bird’s Born Again and some Argent stuff is likewise not dissimilar. I’ve also heard them compared to Wishbone Ash and Uriah Heep, but they’re nowhere near as hard rock oriented as either of them to my ears. Produced by ex-Zombie Chris White, keyboardist Ian Gibbons later played with The Kinks.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"Siento que debemos saber para el sueño de quién brillará esta luz
    o consagrar una propia estrella" --Alberto Felici

N.P.:nothing

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Thank you.

What about this ?
    [LP] LABEL: CBS 22.00EUR

Label : CBS
    Second album by French proggers originally from 1972. Soft machine meets Mothers of Invention, impossible to find the originals in good condition. Exact perfect reissue with glossy cover and made from the original masters!!
    Confirmed pirate LP editions. No legit reissue LPs of these I'm afraid. Of course the Musea CDs are legit.

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Confirmed pirate LP editions. No legit reissue LPs of these I'm afraid. Of course the Musea CDs are legit.
    They actually sound pretty good, but "made from the original masters!!" they are not...

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    As I figured, the Prog Temple seems to be a pirate outfit. It’s a damn shame, that Time album is excellent and deserves a proper reissue.
    It's a great album indeed.I have got the original LP.It seems Prog Temple released it both on CD and LP.damn diddily pirates.

TIME - Turn around (1975)

Quote Originally Posted by Progbear View Post
    The Life album was a letdown when I finally heard it, more a proto-AOR release than proper prog, though the suites that open and close the album are pretty rockin’. Probably most comparable to A Band Called “O” if you know them; the bookend tracks are not unlike “A Smile Is Diamond,” and the filler tracks are similar to ABCO’s. Rare Bird’s Born Again and some Argent stuff is likewise not dissimilar. I’ve also heard them compared to Wishbone Ash and Uriah Heep, but they’re nowhere near as hard rock oriented as either of them to my ears. Produced by ex-Zombie Chris White, keyboardist Ian Gibbons later played with The Kinks.
    Thanks Mike.With key words "life after death" youtube search brings a lot of life after death,probably for rest of my life.
    Also there is songs from album"Life after death".Pretty nice stuff.BTW,Time is another band name ;not so easy to find your Time on seach engines.
    However I'll pass the chance for life after death.

A Band Called “O” - I remember vaguely O Band,if it's the same band.

Life - "I Don't Want To" (1974)

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    A Band Called “O” - I remember vaguely O Band,if it's the same band.
    Yep, same band. They changed their name to O Band for their last album, The Knife; which is sort of the same deal as Within Reach: one really good song (the title track) surrounded by tons of mediocrity. One of the only bands I know of from Jersey (the Channel Island, not New Jersey). Well, there was Parlour Band, but they were more or less the same band!

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

"The world of the heterosexual is a sick and boring life." --Edith Massey

N.P.:nothing

Quote Originally Posted by ashratom View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pr33t View Post
    They actually sound pretty good, but "made from the original masters!!" they are not...
    It's very tempting to have it on LP size.damn those jolly rogers.
    Funny on the description want to "find original in good condition".G would be mostly unlistenable scratchy and cover would look like a shit.

MOVING GELATINE PLATES 01.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images