Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Expressions you use in everyday conversation... that come from prog lyrics

I don't know if it counts, but once in high school, someone threw something (can't remember what it was) that made a high pitched whistling sound. I said, "Sounds just like a flying teapot!"

It got a big laugh if I recall.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I've used these two quite a lot, usually gets a strange look. I tend to use many more Monty Python quotes than prog.

I do use "Happy?" from Mike Oldfield - Amarok quite a lot, my daughter Alex always looks at me sideways when I use it as I used to play Amarok on the school run regularly.
    Yes, 'Happy?' is a staple in our family too, from our Amarok parties back in the day. Forgot about that one, although I just used it with my wife a week or so ago. Sometimes I'll preface it with, 'Hap, hap ... happy?'

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Once when someone handed me their guitar in front of a crowd, he said, 'Careful with that axe, Eugene'.
    I often mutter that phrase upon encountering bad drivers on the highway
    "Normal is just the average of extremes" - Gary Lessor

Somebody here says this a lot when talk about upcoming concerts: "I'll be there. I'll be there. I will be there!

That is the way it is because it is that way.

And the many variations...
    Progtopia is a podcast devoted to interviewing progressive rock, metal, and electronic artists from the past and present, featuring their songs and exclusive interviews. Artists interviewed on the show have included Steve Hackett, Sound of Contact, Larry Fast, Circus Maximus, Anubis Gate, Spock's Beard, and many more. http://progtopia.podomatic.com See you in a land called Progtopia!

Out-Bloody-Rageous

Quote Originally Posted by Twelfth Earl of Mar View Post
    Somebody here says this a lot when talk about upcoming concerts: "I'll be there. I'll be there. I will be there!
    I've used that one from time to time.

I used to say that one as well as "welcome back my friends to the show that never ends."