Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Barock Project - anyone else likes them?

Barock Project - anyone else likes them?

I saw that they were mentioned here and there on a couple threads, but not too much.

I really like them, they have good singing and the keyboard parts are something between great and outstanding.
    I think their best quality is that they keep progressing so the word "progressive" is respected in a direct way. They have some pop influences but the sound is high quality prog.
    Their last album Coffee in Neukoln so far is their best and you can see that the guys keep developping.

I read somewhere that next year there should be a new album or that at least they are working on new material.

I like their first "Misteriosevoci" very much.

Rebus was to much uptempo AOR band with Keith Emerson for my personal taste.
    I liked the track "Akery" realy well, so.

Heard some tracks from the Neuköln album , but didn't like the english vocals (italian suites them much better).

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I like their first "Misteriosevoci" very much.

Rebus was to much uptempo AOR band with Keith Emerson for my personal taste.
    I liked the track "Akery" realy well, so.

Heard some tracks from the Neuköln album , but didn't like the english vocals (italian suites them much better).
    I think that they generaly have some Emerson influences, I like that. Some of their orchestrations are rather classicaly styled, some other have symphonic nods.
    Btw, I think that a lot of people like Akery.
    About the vocals - well, that really is an element of taste or preference. I don't mind their english vocals. At least they aren't a distraction for me. To be honest, I would even say that they are good, did not notice any problem with them. And the singer has good voice material so that's a big bonus. Maybe a little on the pop side, but very melodic.

Excellent band. Musically, they're top notch, which is mainly what I listen to...Lyrics I tend to ignore. Having said that, the English vocals on Neuköln flow more naturally than some other Italian bands, like Banco for example. Banco's English lyrics seem forced by comparison.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    Excellent band. Musically, they're top notch, which is mainly what I listen to...Lyrics I tend to ignore. Having said that, the English vocals on Neuköln flow more naturally than some other Italian bands, like Banco for example. Banco's English lyrics seem forced by comparison.
    I couldn't agree more. Those vocals really have a natural flow, at least they don't compromise the listening experience. And musically - absolutely, one of the most interesting ones. I think that their last years album deserves to be in top 10 of 2012. It will be interesting to see with what they'll come up next.

Quote Originally Posted by TheH View Post
    I knew that this existed, but haven't checked it out yet. I was going to listen to this sometime, when time allows.

Maybe late to the party, but WOW!!!! Just got their "Coffee" CD today. Have heard most of it & I think it's fantastic!!! Never heard of them till my son told me about them. Can't wait to get their new one, released this past week. Love to hear new music like this! I wish them well....

Old man of prog
    New album now up on bandcamp!!

Go get it. Spectacular.

I listened to it yesterday. It is fantastic! Can't believe this isn't being talked about more!! I think I'll be ordering directly from band though. I think it's cheaper from them.....though Laser CD says they are bringing it in.....don't know how long I can wait. I bought the "Coffee" CD last week....it may be better than the new one, based on one listen of each....

The band has just released a new live album: Vivo. This is a double cd and I think it's better than their studio releases. This group is like a modern ELP! Excellent in every way! Plus the sound is pretty great on this CD....highly recommended. Still hard to believe there's not more talk about this excellent group......
    So much music....so little time....

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I keep getting them confused with the Italian band Barrock.

I've become interested in them recently and am kicking myself for not buying Coffee in Neukolln a few years ago. Can't find it now.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I keep getting them confused with the Italian band Barrock.
    In case you're not confused enough: Both bands released at least one album apiece on Italian label Mellow Records...Barrock's La strega, and Barock Project's Rebus.
    Last edited by progmatist; 06-30-2016 at 02:20 PM.
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by doh View Post
    I've become interested in them recently and am kicking myself for not buying Coffee in Neukolln a few years ago. Can't find it now.
    Looks like you can order it from Musea:

http://www.musearecords.com/ext_re_n...t.php?np=37942

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    In case you're not confused enough: Both bands released at least one album apiece on Italian label Mellow Records...Barrock's La strega, and Barock Project's Rebus.
    I like them both. Totally different sound though. Except for the vocals, Barrock reminds me a lot of Grobschnitt.

love this band Misteriosevoci.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Looks like you can order it from Musea:

http://www.musearecords.com/ext_re_n...t.php?np=37942
    It's sold out, but I appreciate you looking.

cover.jpg
    Barock Project – Skyline.
    🇮🇹, 2015.
    This JTullesque (+ Johannes Luley) young band released a sumptuous album featuring a whole bunch of music notes nicely neo-prog-woven together without any hole. You'll barely find any repetitive parts - at least in the first songs - in this top-notch set of tunes sometimes reminding masterbands from yesterday AND today. English lyrics. A fav would be this easy #8 tired. Or the closing #10 the longest sigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    cover.jpg
    ����, 2015.
    This JTullesque (+ Johannes Luley) young band released a sumptuous album featuring a whole bunch of music notes nicely neo-prog-woven together without any hole. You'll barely find any repetitive parts - at least in the first songs - in this top-notch set of tunes sometimes reminding masterbands from yesterday AND today. English lyrics. A fav would be this easy #8 tired. Or the closing #10 the longest sigh.
    "Skyline" is indeed a fantastic album.

Quote Originally Posted by Naytheet View Post
    cover.jpg
    ����, 2015.
    I love Barock Project. Not my usual style of prog, however the compositional skills of this group, overcame my resistance to this genre.
    Dave Sr.

I prefer Nature to Human Nature

Barock Project put out two excellent albums after Skyline: Detachment in 2017 and Seven Seas in 2019. Check them out, they're excellent.

Quote Originally Posted by Joey JoJo View Post
    Barock Project put out two excellent albums after Skyline: Detachment in 2017 and Seven Seas in 2019. Check them out, they're excellent.
    Out of all of their albums, my favorite is the live album "Vivo". They can really pull off their sound live.

I enjoy "Detachment" mostly...happy to see you..happy to see you.

I've been a big fan since Skyline landed. I'd like to see them live. I wonder when BP's next album drops?