Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Jeff Beck touring with Brian Wilson

Just came home from the Tower show.

WHAT AN AMAZING EVENING.

Yeah, Brian is frail, but it was a joy to see him away from that fucking moron Mike Love.

Quote Originally Posted by gpeccary View Post
    I saw the show in CT Friday night. It was an amazing experience. Brian is a bit dodgy health wise, but sang quite beautifully regardless. The whole band harmonizing was a spiritual experience, it was gorgeous. They did pet sounds and it was astounding.
    Beck, as per usual, killed. That guy can play the SHIT out of that guitar. His bass player was astounding.
    When they played together and again with the two bands, it was really mind blowing to see them both on stage playing, clearly in admiration of one another.
    Truly An amazing show. So glad I went.
    His bass player is Rhonda Smith from Prince's band. Jeff seems to have her well in tow for the time being. Is that also Narada Michael Walden on drums?

no, it was not Walden on drums.....I don't remember his name, but he was awesome.

Thanks, I couldn't remember her name, god she was amazing. It didn't appear Tal Wikenfeld had anything over her!

No, the drummers name is Jonathan Joseph.

Wow that Surfs Up clip is really good. What a beautiful piece of music, love the drums in there, along with the guitar and all the vocals. That is quite the combination. I'm hoping this tour at least comes out on dvd.

Quote Originally Posted by bill g View Post
    Wow that Surfs Up clip is really good. What a beautiful piece of music, love the drums in there, along with the guitar and all the vocals. That is quite the combination. I'm hoping this tour at least comes out on dvd.
    Me too.

Mod or rocker? Mocker. Frumious B's Avatar
    I saw the gig in Atlanta a couple of weeks ago. Wilson was more of an MC than a performer, but his band, including Marks and Jardine, really brought the songs to life. I'd never seen Jeff Beck before and he absolutely floored me.
    "It was a cruel song, but fair."-Roger Waters

NYC show was awesome , Brian Wilson's band did the entire Pet Sounds album for the 1st set and when Jeff Beck came out doing Mahavishnu stuff it was slayin' time...
    3rd combo set was super sweet - Surf's Up...don't think you could hear the Beach Boys material sounding any better live.

Hopefully someone filmed the Pet Sounds show.

Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    In related news, Steve Vai has put a band together with Bob Dylan and Robert Fripp is going on tour with indigo Girls...