Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Levin Minnemann Rudess: Brand New Band, Album Preview Video & Pre-order

I actually got one of the the signed editions, so it must have been one of the first 1000. I bought it for the music (I always thought it was strange to ask for autographs from musicians or athletes).

And what fantastic music it is! Well done, everyone.

The vocalist on Service Engine is none other than Mr. Marco Minnemann.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Thanks, Scott. I look forward to the next Schorr-produced Lazybones recording, Levin, ______ & ________.

Levin, Keneally & Ringo Starr please

Quote Originally Posted by mkeneally View Post
    Levin, Keneally & Ringo Starr please

Where's the preorder page?

Damn! Tony, Mike & Ringo?!?! LOVE that idea. Thanks to everyone who has supported Levin Minnemann Rudess. It means a TON to all of us involved in the project. By the way, shameless plug: If you haven't heard of Levin Torn White, the first trio project Tony & I did together, please check it out. levintornwhite.com
    Thanks again!
    Scott @ Lazy Bones Recordings

Quote Originally Posted by Scott at Lazy Bones View Post
    I would like to clear up any misunderstandings on the Deluxe CD & DVD Edition. There was definite confusion and I am 100% to blame. I was not clear with Anil Prasad, who is one of the most honest guys I know in the business.
    Received & understood, thank you for the clarification. What you did and what you said you did were at least consistent, which is more than can be said of some record companies. (Yes, I'm looking at you, Beatles Mono boxed set.) Good work on the album.

Quote Originally Posted by Innerviews View Post
    Wow, a venial sin.

Assad gassing people is a venal sin. The Nairobi terrorist attack is a venal sin.

Someone deciding to sell music at this scale and choosing to make people happy is a venal sin?
    Er, no, Assad gassing people is not a venial sin, or for that matter a venal sin. It's a cardinal sin. As per Wikipedia:

Quote Originally Posted by Wikipedia
    According to Roman Catholicism, a venial sin (meaning "forgivable" sin) is a lesser sin that does not result in a complete separation from God and eternal damnation in Hell.[1][2] A venial sin involves a "partial loss of grace" from God. They do not break one's friendship with God, but injure it.[3]
    It would help before climbing on that high horse to check what a word means, and it would also help if you avoided giving the impression within a single paragraph that you don't know the difference between venal and venial, which are two different words, neither of which means what you seem to think they do. But I suppose that misunderstanding words is a venial sin, even for a journalist.

My original distinction was that your error was trivial, because I didn't want to make more of this issue than it really was, and now that I've had my say and Scott has added his clarification I think we can let the matter lie, eh?

Thanks, Sordel. And hoping we can all still be friends :-) Hey, we're all prog. fans & we all like good music. Sounds corny but we should stick together as there is so much shit & dissension in this world. Just stoked that Crimson is getting back together.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott at Lazy Bones View Post
    Thanks, Sordel. And hoping we can all still be friends :-)
    Of course. That would go without saying, but I suppose it's always better said on the internet!

Levin Keneally and Gary Husband? Just pipe dreamin' . . . . . . . .
    Hired on to work for Mr. Bill Cox, a-fixin' lawn mowers and what-not, since 1964.

"Arguing with an idiot is like playing chess with a pigeon. It'll just knock over all the pieces, shit on the board, and strut about like it's won anyway." Anonymous

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” George Carlin

Do the 24 bit wav files in the deluxe edition have the same heavy compression that the standard edition does? If they do not, that would be a strong reason for me to buy the Deluxe Edition.

Thanks,

Mike
    Last edited by mps; 10-06-2013 at 10:44 AM.

I still need to get this. Playing 'Scrod' on youtube, all I can say is, I hope Tony doesn't waste too much time on the new KC and gets back to making interesting music like this.

Quote Originally Posted by JSS View Post
    I still need to get this. Playing 'Scrod' on youtube, all I can say is, I hope Tony doesn't waste too much time on the new KC and gets back to making interesting music like this.
    Oh, boy.

Quote Originally Posted by JSS View Post
    interesting?
    no tunes, no dynamics, no nosebone

This one has really come on strong with repeated listens. I much more a fan of Rudess' solo work (specifically the Road Home and Rhythm of Time) as opposed to Dream Theater.

This is a great record and worth the time investment.

Here we go again: http://www.lazybones.com/

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I'll buy.
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Will definitely get this new one. I like their first one, but more noteworthy is that my wife loves it. She has listened to it far more than I have.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Will definitely get this new one. I like their first one, but more noteworthy is that my wife loves it. She has listened to it far more than I have.
    wow, you have a wife that likes prog? That's awesome! I thought I was doing well to have a wife that likes baseball. She HATES my music

Quote Originally Posted by g.bremer View Post
    wow, you have a wife that likes prog? That's awesome! I thought I was doing well to have a wife that likes baseball. She HATES my music
    I do indeed. The stuff I come home and find her listening to and singing along to would probably amaze some people here.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Pre-ordered this from Lazy Bones, and tacked on that Levin Torn White disc as well, since I've liked the samples I've heard and it seems to be harder to find elsewhere. I almost considered their "Ultimate Prog Bundle" as it contains a few other discs I don't have, but they had to go and add t-shirts and posters... don't want or need.