Thread: Clepsydra announced for ROSfest 2014

Clepsydra announced for ROSfest 2014

Clepsydra announced for ROSfest 2014

Swiss band CLEPSYDRA has agreed to join the line-up of ROSfest 2014. Clepsydras were one of the flag bearers for progressive rock during the 1990's. With little or no interest from media back then, and without the internet as a marketing tool, they were among the bands that still chose to record and perform this type of music back then. They recorded and released four studio albums in these troubled times for progressive rock bands: "Hologram" (1991), "More Grains of Sand" (1994), "Fears" (1998) and "Alone" (2001). Clepsydra entered a state of hiatus in 2002, just as progressive rock started its internet fueled revival.

Twelve years later, Clepsydra announced that they were getting back together. With a line-up consisting of Aluisio Maggini (vocals), Marco Cerulli (guitars, saxophone), Phil Hubert (keyboards), Andy Thommen (bass) and Pietro Duca (drums) they started rehearsing in the early summer of 2013, preparing for their 2014 reunion tour. Once again they will treat audiences to their special breed of neo progressive rock, based on strong melodies and atmospheres.

Clepsydra pic.jpg

For references in style, they have generally been compared to the likes of Fish-era Marillion, Jadis and IQ. A sound and a style we know many adore, including a substantial part of the core ROSfest audience.

We have chosen to give Clepsydra the grand honor of opening ROSFest 2014, getting the party going in a suitable style and atmosphere. We are proud and somewhat humbled about the fact that Clepsydra wanted to include ROSfest 2014 as one of the dates of their reunion tour, and are as eagerly awaiting the opportunity to see this historic band on stage as we know many of our regular guests are.

Official website: http://www.clepsydra-music.ch/site/
    Face book https://www.facebook.com/CLEPSYDRA.CH
    Iggyrawks

RoSfest
    May 2nd, 3rd & 4th 2014
    www.rosfest.com

Ambition: THE ONE WHO SAYS IT CAN'T BE DONE IS GENERALLY PASSED UP BY SOMEONE DOING IT

Never heard of them, but that doesn't matter. Some of my favourite bands I never hear of until they were signed to a festival. YouTube samples sound good. I trust George no matter what.
    "The woods would be very silent if the only birds that sang were those who sang best..." - Henry David Thoreau

Not familiar with them other than by name. But if George saw fit for them to open the weekend, I'm certainly looking forward to checking them out.

Is it possible to just get tickets for Friday night?
    I just want to see Clepsydra.
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I once had a case of Clepsydra, but it was when I was younger and sleeping around a lot.

I have always thought that Shakary is better than Clepsydra.

This is excellent news. A blast from the past. I've had a copy of their "More Grains of Sand" for a few years and gave it another listen last night. I remember why I liked it. Sounds from way back with a slightly different approach. They will be a great opening act for RoSfest 2014.

To anyone that has attended this festival: can you just purchase tickets for individual days?
    Actually, I just want to fly in for Clepsydra on Friday.
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Clepsydra View Post
    To anyone that has attended this festival: can you just purchase tickets for individual days?
    Actually, I just want to fly in for Clepsydra on Friday.
    Thanks
    YES!
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Thank you so much!

There was an announcement of another band on Facebook late last night and LIVE on The House of Prog on Iggy's ProgRock Cafe'......

Now that is an awesome choice.