Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: What's your favorite Simpsons scene?

The 3-eyed fish might be one of the top ten episodes.

And this might be one of the top Actors Studio episodes

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Best line slipped under the S & P radar:

David
    Happy with what I have to be happy with.

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Ralphie is my favorite character!
    One episode Ralphie is being dragged away by a wolf and Ralphie says your breath smells like dead bunny!

Thank you all lovely people
    Cape Feare Moments
    - and even this cuts off Sideshow bob musical (Bart last request) on the boat.

Keep those scenes coming.

Homer <during the closing> you're cut, you're cut, you are sooo cut, look I'll just post the cut list.

There was an episode with Peter Frampton, where we find out that he bought some of his stage props from "Pink Floyd's garage sale", and that some rap group on the festival he's performing at "stole my orchestra" and Smashing Pumpkins (I think it was Smashing Pumpkins) raided his beer cooler.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Did anyone show the clip where Homer eats magic mushrooms in the sun up/sun down clip? Hilarious.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

I agree with the folks that have already stated there're too many to mention. Since my car's currently at the auto repair shop and for the time being I'm currently driving another vehicle, the scene where Homer wrecks his car and has a temporary replacement instantly popped into my head. He's seen driving it singing: "Owner of a loaner car. Much better than the owner of my normal car."
    'The smell of strange colours are heard everywhere'- Threshold

Quote Originally Posted by Gruno View Post
    Hands down the best Simpsons Episode EVER!
    Duncan's going to make a Horns Emoticon!!!

Kinda crappy clip, but I've always liked this one, and Hans Muelman is one of my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Eric View Post
    Kinda crappy clip, but I've always liked this one, and Hans Muelman is one of my favorite characters.
    In one of the Treehouse Of Terror episodes, they did a parody of the one Twilight Zone episode, ya know the one with Shatner on the airplane, with the gremlin on the wing. Only, in this case, it's Bart who sees a gremlin attacking the school bus. When Bart tells Otto he has to "kill the gremlin", Otto looks in the rear view mirror, and sees Hans driving an AMC Gremlin, so he runs him off the road. You see the Gremlin roll down a hill and come to a complete stop just inches before hitting a tree. And then bursts into flames.

There was another one where I believe Homer went bunji jumping or something like that, he ends up going through a man hole and passes a group of Morlocks (great HG Wells allusion), before come to a stop, surrounded by multiple Hanses, with one of them saying, "THERE IS NO ESCAPE FROM THE MOLEMEN!!!". Just then the bunji cord snaps back and Homer and is yanked upwards, with Hans responding, "Well, except that".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Y_LsYqL7hnc

How original is this idea Mr. King? and you all thought James Cameron had problems coming up with something original...lol

Chris Walken reading to the kids.

The one and only time I intentionally watched this was the night Paul and Linda McCartney were on.

Planet of the Apes is one of my favorites. I also like the Mr. Sparkle episode. And then, of course, Homer driving like a nut while listening to "Lucky Man"
    Last edited by jefftiger; 08-16-2013 at 05:34 PM.

I dont mind the Simpsons - but isn't it in the off topic department, or maybe even the way off topic departement?

Banned
    Another favorite Simpsons scene of mine is seeing Groundskeeper Willie dressed as Freddy Kruger.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeuhlmate View Post
    I dont mind the Simpsons - but isn't it in the off topic department, or maybe even the way off topic departement?
    The Simpons theme song was composed by Danny Elfman who through his tendency to be creative and experimental with his composition qualifies him probationary status in the Prog Rock Who's Who listing, therefore by extension any thread about The Simpsons qualifies for Main Board.

I believe that Matt Groening is also a Zappa fanatic. So yeah, main board.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    I believe that Matt Groening is also a Zappa fanatic. So yeah, main board.
    Not just a fan, but also a friend of Frank's. Matt sat in on what I believe was Frank's last major interview, which was published in a special magazine put out by the publishers of Guitar Player and Keyboard magazine about a year or so before Frank died.