Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Simpsons scene?

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    You mad bro?
    Depends. Will you submit to a paddlin'?

Here's another one I love:

Smithers: "Sir, I've arranged for the people of Australia to join hands tonight and spell out your name with candles. There's a satellite hookup on that monitor if you turn your head slightly."
    Mr. Burns: "Bah, no time."
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

"Smithers, release the hounds"

The X Files Episode was another classic.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

My favorite scene is in the very first season, - the RV show when Home tries to trap a rabbit, and the rabbit gets flung out of site by the trap when it springs. How far they have fallen in the past few years. I cant watch anymore.

(On a Halloween episode, Homer shoots and kills the Ned Flanders zombie after it breaks into his house mumbling, "Braaaaains.")
    Bart: Dad, you killed the zombie Flanders!
    Homer: He was a zombie?
    Lou

Looking forward to my day in court.

Burns loses money and says "Damn, now I wont get to buy that ivory back-scratcher"
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    When we find out about the band Homer was in in his younger days: Sadgasm

The Stonecutters Song rules.

Who controls the British Crown?
    Who Keeps The Metric System Down?
    We Do, We Do...
    Who keeps Atlantis off the maps?
    Who keeps the Martians under wraps?
    We Do, We Do...
    Who holds back the electric car?
    Who makes Steve Gutenberg, a star!
    We Do, We Do...
    Who robs kegfish of their sight?
    Who rigs every Oscar night?
    We Do... We Doooo!

Lisa, you'r teeth are big and grean, Lisa you smell like gasolean...
    To many great one's to mention.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    That one where that dumb yellow guy did something dumb and said "D'oh".

Burns: "There's one other thing: you must find the jade monkey before the next full moon"

Smithers: Actually, we found the jade monkey! It was in the glove compartment!

Burns: What about the ice scraper and road atlas?

Smithers: They were there too, sir!

Burns: Excellent!

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    I always liked the Springfield movie festival where "man gets hit by a ball" is shown and homers comment "it works on so many levels"
    Wasn't that the one where Burns produced a biographical film on himself. The auditions for actors to play Burns included Bumblebee Man saying, "iEl Excellente!" and Homer says "Exactly! D'OH!"

Another good one was Krusty finding out his ratings are slipping: "What the hell is Channel Ocho?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Sometimes when my wife asks if something is spicy I quote Ralphy Wiggums
    Ralphie is my favorite character!

Ralph is great. Classic piece between him and dad Chief Wiggum-
    R: My nose is bleeding.
    CW: Ralphie that means you're picking your nose too much ... or not enough.
    "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."
    - Peter Griffin ("Family Guy")

Two more that I absolutely love: First, in the "Carnies" episode again, after Bart and Lisa give up on their yard work chores because they were 'too hard', they go to the carnival and Bart says "I wanna go on the yard work simulator!"

Also, in the episode where Bart falls for the Reverend's misbehaving daughter, the family is heading into church they hear a beautiful, angelic voice singing a hymn. Bart says "She's already seduced me with her sweet siren song..." and it turns out to be Flanders singing. Kills me every time!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

the entire episode where flanders opens the leftorium. it brings tears to my eyes. for a plethora of reasons.

“Lisa, if I’ve learned anything, it’s that life is just one crushing defeat after another until you just wish Flanders was dead.”
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

So many great lines, but one that always cracks me up for some reason is when Wiggum is radioing for back-up when chasing Snake (licence plate is EX-CON). "We are in pursuit of a red car, licence plate Eggplant, Xerxes, Crybaby, Overbite, Narwhal"

Fav moment is when Homer is trying to write off someone's car by driving it off the cliff top. He jumps out of the car at the last minute only to hit a rock that bounces him straight back into the driver's seat just in time for him to go over the cliff top. I think the next scene has him in the water - cops tell him to put his hands up - he does and slowly sinks! If my memory serves me correctly.

Greetings,

A couple of mine (off the top of my head):

(This clip should really have started with the introduction for full impact, though.)

Cheers,

Alan

I posted this on my Facebook page, didn't get as a chuckle there, and those I sent it to barely got the joke. But I lament that the video cuts off before the funniest part.

Charles
    Be a loyal plastic robot for a world that doesn't care... Frank Zappa

Every Itchy & Scratchy cartoon.
    "They fight, They bite, They bite and fight and bite, bite, bite, bite, fight, fight, fight, The Itchy and Scratchy Show."
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Simpson! Homer Simpson!
    He's the greatest guy in history!
    From the town of Springfield,
    He's about to hit a chestnut tree. AAAGH! *crash*

How about when Homer crashed his car during a snowstorm. He gets out of the car, and realizes that it's Marge's car he crashed into, in the driveway! D'OH!

Then he has to hitchhike to a car dealership to get a new car.
    Homer: What country did you say this car was made in?
    Car Salesman: It no longer exists!
    As I recall all the controls were labeled in Cyrillic. "Put her in H!!!"