Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite Simpsons scene?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Triscuits View Post
    Well, here's the audio:

Hey, I was talking to notallwonder. I guess he didn't look as hard as you.

where do i start...?

or

or

or ... ... ...

My favorite:

HOMER: Linguo... dead?

LINGUO: Linguo *is* dead!

(Linguo dies).

Talking about the Ramones appearance, I loved the bit where Markie enthusiastically says "I think they liked us!".

BTO performing at the State Fair, with Homer yelling "NO NEW CRAP! JUST DO TAKIN' CARE OF BUSINESS!" was pretty funny too.

Oh, and how could forget Homer singing along with the synth solo on Lucky Man?

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    Main board???
    Quote Originally Posted by JIF View Post
    I had the same question.
    my thought at first... then I thought 'why interject a negative opinion when folks are having fun'
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MYSTERIOUS TRAVELLER View Post
    my thought at first... then I thought 'why interject a negative opinion when folks are having fun'
    It ain't a negative opinion. Thems the rules, bub.

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    Main board???
    I had the same question.
    It ain't a negative opinion. Thems the rules, bub.
    what about rules?
    Why is it whenever someone mentions an artist that was clearly progressive (yet not the Symph weenie definition of Prog) do certain people feel compelled to snort "thats not Prog" like a whiny 5th grader?

Banned
    what about rules?
    The main forum is for prog music. The OT is for everything else.

"Are you going to eat that sandwich again?"

"You people have stood in my way long enough. I'm going to clown college!"

Skinner explains that the lizards have "already wiped out the dodo, the cuckoo, and the ne-ne, and it has nasty plans for the booby, the titmouse, the woodcock, and the titpecker."

Exxxxxactly. Some people just have to play junior moderator at all costs. They offer nothing to the thread, they just want to bark about rules even though they don't run the site. It's always a bonus laugh for me when the second little dog comes butting in with the "I had the same question"-type responses, as though that helps in any way. There was only fun and laughing to be had in this thread, until the whining about rules. You know who likes junior moderators? Literally nobody.

You guys need a paddlin'.

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Burns: "What are you doing in my corpse hatch?"
    Chief Wiggum: "Montgomery Burns, you're under arrest for murder."
    Burns: "Uh, did I say 'corpse hatch'? I meant, 'innocence tube.'"

Hank Scorpio: Hey, look at my feet. You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don't like them? Then neither do I!
    [throws them out the door] Get the hell outta here! Ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?
    Homer: [chuckles] Yes, once.

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

"please do not understand me too quickly"-andre gide

Quote Originally Posted by Kavus Torabi View Post
    Hank Scorpio: Hey, look at my feet. You like those moccasins? Look in your closet; there's a pair for you. Don't like them? Then neither do I!
    [throws them out the door] Get the hell outta here! Ever see a guy say good-bye to a shoe?
    Homer: [chuckles] Yes, once.
    I LOVE that episode. Scorpio's maniacal laughter while he's shooting the flamethrower is pricless!
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Don't know about my fave Simpsons scene - there are too many - but one of my favorite lines?

From Dancing Homer: "For the first time in my life, people weren't laughing at me, they were laughing towards me!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=orP4WZQdi0k

Here's a bunch of clips from the monorail episode:

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VNFgJM2m9ME
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Pff, English. Who needs that? I’m never going to England.

You tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is: never try.

The only danger is if they send us to that terrible planet of the apes. Wait a minute... Statue of Liberty... That was our planet! You maniacs!...You blew it up!... Damn you!... Damn you all to hell!
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

The main forum is for prog music. The OT is for everything else.
    Thank you, Smithers.

I always liked the Springfield movie festival where "man gets hit by a ball" is shown and homers comment "it works on so many levels"

The stonecutters episode with the song " who killed the electric car, who made Steve Gutenberg a star? We did we did!

Mattias

Quote Originally Posted by Roth-Handle Studios View Post
    I always liked the Springfield movie festival where "man gets hit by a ball" is shown and homers comment "it works on so many levels"
    Yes! And the 'remake' where George C. Scott plays the role of man getting hit by football! Love it!

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Exxxxxactly. Some people just have to play junior moderator at all costs. They offer nothing to the thread, they just want to bark about rules even though they don't run the site. It's always a bonus laugh for me when the second little dog comes butting in with the "I had the same question"-type responses, as though that helps in any way. There was only fun and laughing to be had in this thread, until the whining about rules. You know who likes junior moderators? Literally nobody.
    You mad bro?
    Last edited by firth5th; 08-05-2013 at 11:33 AM.

Virtually any episode from seasons two through nine. Anyone remember Maggie escaping from the Ayn Rand Day Care center that was an homage to the Great Escape?

Sometimes when my wife asks if something is spicy I quote Ralphy Wiggums

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart