Thread: The Psychedelic Ensemble-New Release-Special Offer

The Psychedelic Ensemble-New Release-Special Offer

The Psychedelic Ensemble will release The Tale of the Golden King in mid-September. The album is a 72-minute concept (10 tracks) presented in gapless format and includes orchestra and guest artists. The physical CD includes a 12-page booklet with original art created for the CD.

Order the CD before September 15 for just $9.99 (retails at $14.99) and receive an autographed CD and signed page of orchestra score.

To order, visit www.thepsychedelicensemble.com/prerelease.html. Offer ends September 15, 2013.

Jon Neudorf
    Anyone else into this project? Three excellent albums and soon to be a fourth. Really looking forward to this one.

Regards,
    Jon

This album goes right to the top of my shopping list. However, an autograph from a musician who wishes to remain anonymous? Interesting to say the least!
    "Well my son, life is like a beanstalk, isn't it?"--Dalai Lama

I just pre-ordered my copy. I actually just saw the Psychedelic Furs perform at the Trocadero in Philadelphia during June 2013. As usual, they were great. However, they did not play any of this new material and did not even mention it on stage. I promise to post my thoughts when I get my copy in the mail.

Library Jon

Agh!!! I thought this was a new Psychedelic Furs album!!! I even pre-ordered it! Oh well, maybe I will enjoy it anyway!!!

Library Jon

Jon Neudorf
    Do the Furs have a new one coming out? I would be inetersted in that as well.

Regards,
    Jon

So what exactly is this CD that I just ordered, anyway?

Library Jon

Quote Originally Posted by progmatist View Post
    This album goes right to the top of my shopping list. However, an autograph from a musician who wishes to remain anonymous? Interesting to say the least!
    I have a feeling you won't be able to read his name.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Quote Originally Posted by Library Jon View Post
    Agh!!! I thought this was a new Psychedelic Furs album!!! I even pre-ordered it! Oh well, maybe I will enjoy it anyway!!!

Library Jon
    I have the previous album and was impressed, it's different with lots of synths. I love the Psychedelic Furs but this is nothing like them.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

Jon Neudorf
    Quote Originally Posted by mellotron storm View Post
    I have the previous album and was impressed, it's different with lots of synths. I love the Psychedelic Furs but this is nothing like them.
    I agree, it is quite keyboard heavy, symphonic, some tunes have a retro prog thing going on. That said I wouldn't call this cheesy at all, very tasteful with some outstanding melodies as well. I have a couple reviews at SoT you could check out.

http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ontent&id=8973
    http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ntent&id=12077
    http://www.seaoftranquility.org/revi...ontent&id=9822

Regards,
    Jon

Progstreaming-webmaster Sunhillow's Avatar
    At Progstreaming there's a special for The Psychedelic Ensemble:

* The Psychedelic Ensemble - The Tale Of The Golden King at http://www.progstreaming.com

Plus:

* The Psychedelic Ensemble - The Dream Of The Magic Jongleur
    * The Psychedelic Ensemble - The Myth Of Dying at http://www.progstreamingclassic.com

West of Worcester (Western Massachusetts)
    Just heard of this project for the first time while shopping at a record store on Mt. Royal Est in Montreal...was told "they" were American...had never heard a note previously, was digging the female vox...returned home yesterday, did some research, listened to some stuff from the new album on "their" site and will be adding the new one to my wish list, hoping to find it (as "their" site suggests) in brick & mortar stores (of which we're fortunate enough to have several here in 'Hamp).

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    So have there been any solid guesses as to who the person is behind these releases? Just reading up on the project a bit.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Actually, just did a tad of research and it seems to be related to the band Hourglass (the Psychedelic Ensemble website is registered under the same address as the HourglassBand.com website, anyway, and it doesn't seem to just be the address of a hosting service. Anyone have a guess as to which member of Hourglass it might be?

Jon Neudorf
    No clue of his identity but I can tell you from my email conversations with him he is a really good guy.

Regards,
    Jon