Thread: Genesis - We Can't Dance

Genesis - We Can't Dance

Has there ever been a more apropos title for the progressive community?

I mean, really

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Perhaps We Won't Dance would be even better. I'm sure there are some proggers out there who can dance.
    Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

It is apropos but I think Frogg Cafe's Fat Men in Shorts sums it up pretty well too.

Or, Dare Me To Dance

Or, Needs Drinks To Dance

Banned
    I don't dance. (I made an exception on our wedding day with my wife, as well as with my mother and grandmother. I told them all to enjoy it now because it'll never happen again.)

Quote Originally Posted by Progatron View Post
    Perhaps We Won't Dance would be even better.
    Right!

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    I don't dance. (I made an exception on our wedding day with my wife, as well as with my mother and grandmother. I told them all to enjoy it now because it'll never happen again.)
    I've relented in recent years actually - makes her SO happy so WTF

Whether I "can" or not is another story altoghter

BG
    "When Yes appeared on stage, it was like, the gods appearing from the heavens, deigning to play in front of the people."

Because White Boys Can't Dance

Perhaps We Won't Dance would be even better. I'm sure there are some proggers out there who can dance.
    yeah, I dance??? tio good music... last time I did was at Stevie Wonwood"s concert (even the Traffic numbers he did)

Quote Originally Posted by Garion81 View Post
    It is apropos but I think Frogg Cafe's Fat Men in Shorts sums it up pretty well too.
    Sorry... fat maybe, but I don't have shorts, unless I do sports, which I don't do often... (and i hate short-sleeved shirt >> I roll back the long sleeves almost all the time, even in the coldest winter, but I refuse short-sleeves)
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Because White Boys Can't Dance
    Truth hurts!

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Griffin View Post
    Right!

I've relented in recent years actually - makes her SO happy so WTF

Whether I "can" or not is another story altoghter
    I hate dancing because I can't, but I relent to my girl once in a great while because it makes her happy too. She keeps trying to ensure me that nobody's looking at me.

Every girlfriend I've had has been puzzled that a musician wouldn't be able to dance, but the majority of my musician friends can't. I guess it is a strange phenomenon.

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I hate dancing because I can't, but I relent to my girl once in a great while because it makes her happy too. She keeps trying to ensure me that nobody's looking at me.
    I did dance a pretty mean rock'n roll back in my days (nothing acrobatic, but once the chicks tasted me, they came back for more)...
    I did take a few tango lessons (great way to get laid, btw), but since I'm no Bandoneon fan...

Dancing reggae is very easy, though... even the whitiest of the whiteys can do it...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I can. But I won't. Not anymore.

they should have named the album Jesus He Knows Us', that way it might have made the Christian charts too.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Please Don't Dance

Leslie Hunt of District 97 can dance to prog, regardless of the time sig and look better than good doing it.

My late parents (both white) taught Latin dance (Rumba, Samba, Mambo, Cha Cha & even Tango) for over 20 years. They also competed every year in the Harvest Moon dance competitions in NYC.

Neither my father or mother could sing in pitch if their lives depended on it.

I can't dance worth a shit, but still sing ok.

Go figure.

Carry on.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by progeezer View Post
    Leslie Hunt of District 97 can dance to prog, regardless of the time sig and look better than good doing it.
    Stacia could dance to Hawkwind

BG

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    I can dance to early Tangerine Dream.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I can dance to early Tangerine Dream.
    You're no Stacia

BG

Jefferson James
    The only thing I will dance to is Karn Evil 9, Second Impression. You should see me shake my moneymaker.

I dance various latin styles (salsa, bachata, cha cha). Used to teach beginner's classes a few years ago.

Dancing is great exercise and lots of fun.
    If you're actually reading this then chances are you already have my last album but if NOT and you're curious:
    https://battema.bandcamp.com/

Also, Ephemeral Sun: it's a thing and we like making things that might be your thing: https://ephemeralsun.bandcamp.com