Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Laser's Edge August Blow Out Sale!

Jon Neudorf
    My shipment has been processed. Disappointed as well. Only getting 2 out of 4 and not the one I wanted most, Unitopia. Shipping is also a little high. What was so frustrating I was out of town when I saw the sale on my phone but was not able to navigate through the site hence having a late order.

Jon

Jon Neudorf
    Was that directed at me?

Jon

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    Was that directed at me?

Jon
    Few others as well.Sorry,I don't mean anything personal.Business is just pretty awful nowadays.And this is blow out sale for very low prices.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Few others as well.Sorry,I don't mean anything personal.Business is just pretty awful nowadays.And this is blow out sale for very low prices.
    Sorry but wtf are you guys talking about? It was first come first serve, discs were cheap and shipped quickly. Don't understand the whining.

Jon Neudorf
    No offence taken. You're right business is tough and Laser's Edge is a great site and like other people here I have spent a fair amount of money there over the past few years.

Like others, you included, I state my opinion and yes I am disappointed. Am I going to stop using Laser's Edge? No I'm not. As I said before I like the site. What I would do is take any constructive criticism and use it in a positive way to help make the site a more user friendly experience. The bottom line it's just a couple of CDs, not really important in the big game called life.

Regards,
    Jon

Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Sorry but wtf are you guys talking about? It was first come first serve, discs were cheap and shipped quickly. Don't understand the whining.
    Exactly.

Ken,

Thanks for the sale.....it rocked!

Jon Neudorf
    Quote Originally Posted by zeprogmeister View Post
    Exactly what I said. Have a nice day.

I received mine today. I'm not overly disappointed.

Quote Originally Posted by jlneudorf View Post
    No offence taken. You're right business is tough and Laser's Edge is a great site and like other people here I have spent a fair amount of money there over the past few years.

Like others, you included, I state my opinion and yes I am disappointed. Am I going to stop using Laser's Edge? No I'm not. As I said before I like the site. What I would do is take any constructive criticism and use it in a positive way to help make the site a more user friendly experience. The bottom line it's just a couple of CDs, not really important in the big game called life.

Regards,
    Jon
    Cool. Peace and love.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    It's a very good sale & I'm sure Ken is overwhelmed with demand and a small staff.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Jon Neudorf
    And any feefback Ken can use is a good thing.

Regards,
    Jon

Yea, what the hell is the matter with you Ken???
    Next time you made sure everyone gets what they order!!!

Great sale Ken! Thanks!
    "Life Is Like A Pencil: It gets shorter the longer you use it,
    you can only erase so many mistakes, and ofter it's pointless"

Jon Neudorf
    Did you even read my last post? Are we all done now? Probably not.

Just scanning through what's left of the LE sale (mostly Metal is left, it seems...)

But, two of my very favorite DVDs of all time are still available for $5 or $6. These are stone classics. I paid $25+ for each when they came out and they were totally worth it!

Soft Machine Live in Paris 1970
    Steve Hillage Live in Germany 1977.

If you have any interest in these artists don't hesitate to pick these up!

Received Hyperborea the other day, listened to it today, and I love this original version so much better! Thank you, Ken and company!

well I was bummed that the Le Orme - Live - the thing I wanted *most* - was listed in my "confirmed" order but didn't arrive in the shipment.

instead I got Orianthi - Believe - wtf? I guess it was just "next door" on the shelf?

sorry for whining ... got lots of other great stuff, esp. the Schulze ... heh maybe it's a message from the universe: try listening to something *else* for a change? (besides Le Orme )

to Ken's credit, he gave *me* credit right away - and said keep the Orianthi - maybe my stepson would like it (her?!) http://orianthi.com/

laura

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    got all my stuff! Thanks, Ken!
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Here I sit by my mailbox wondering "why doesn't he call?"
    The Ice Cream Lady Wet her drawers........To see you in the Passion Playyyy eeee - I. Anderson

"It's kind of like deciding not to date a beautiful blonde anymore because she farted." - Top Cat

I was expecting to be kinda meh, but it made my nips stiffen - Jerjo

(Zamran) "that fucking thing man . . . it sits there on my wall like a broken clock " - Helix

Social Media is the "Toilet" of the Internet - Lady Gaga

first listen/watch: Klaus Schulze with Lisa Gerrard!

Rated: OMG!

I wouldn't be surprised - or disappointed - if this is the *best* thing I got from Ken.

occurred to me: Schulze is the Fripp of keyboards, fiddling with his wall of knobs. And - a bank of keyboards that makes Wakeman look like a wimp.

not a caped wizard but a rumpled scientist running vaguely ominous experiments in his clandestine lab ... till my sternum and solar plexus were throbbing from the transmissions from outer space. (fairly familiar territory for me ...)

and then enter Lisa! looking like a mediaeval queen (and, yes, a "baebe," at least an incredibly gorgeous woman - and that's *before* she opens her mouth).

and when she does ... first weaving in and out of Schulze's "choir" murmuring-almost-singing, and then *waaailing* like a keening Bedouin tribeswoman! and then even singing a few Actual Words in German - with Umlauts und Everysing!

wow - what a duo.

and this was from Night of the Prog Festival in June 2008 - lucky you who were there!

actually, here it is:

see what I mean?

oh and - it's in 5.1 - yaay for the Frank Wyatt speakers!

laura

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    It's a very good sale & I'm sure Ken is overwhelmed with demand and a small staff.
    Hey, no reason to get personal!

WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    the shipping is a tad high side because he sends it priority. that is a premium shipping.
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

Just a reminder the sale ends on August 31st.

www.lasercd.com