Magenta are proud to present their latest studio album The Twenty Seven Club.

www.magenta-web.com

The new album has been five years in the making and I have tried to take the best elements of all the previous Magenta albums to craft the best collection of songs I could. I think this has been achieved and The Twenty Seven Club represents a return to our progressive rock roots says composer and multi-instrumentalist Rob Reed. Only a few people have heard the album thus far but all have agreed that this is the best Magenta album to date.

The Twenty Seven Club refers to a large group of musician/singers (including Jimi Hendrix, Jim Morrison and Kurt Cobain ) who all died at the age of 27, many from alcohol or drug abuse.

Writing the lyrics for this album was very challenging this time around, explains lyricist Steve Reed. It was quite difficult making each song stand alone and be different from each other, but Im really proud of the results and happy with how the songs have turned out.

Joining Rob, Chris and Christina on this occasion is drummer Andy Edwards, best known for his work with IQ and Frost. For the last few years I have been very keen to work with Andy. I was a huge fan of his playing when he was with IQ and Frost* adds Rob, so when our schedules aligned, we went into the studio and the results were amazing. Andy was really enthusiastic about the album and his playing certainly reflects this.

The official release date for the album is September 2nd but it will be available at the gigs at The Borderline (August 31st), The Robin (September 1st) and The Globe in Cardiff (September 6th).

Join AREA 27, a members only website where you will receive, prior to the release, the following :

- Four complete preview tracks from the album (the first one is now available)
- Many making of and band interview videos
- Promo video for The Lizard King
- Many extras including rehearsal footage and alternative mixes etc.

Plus the following to be dispatched on September 2nd :

The Twenty Seven Club 2 Disc Set (CD and DVD)

Complete DTS and Dolby 5.1 surround mixes
107 minute making of documentary
The Lizard King promo video
Six exclusive '27 Club' postcards

The AREA 27 package is now available from the Magenta website for 16 (+P&P)

The 2 disc set (CD + DVD) will be 12 (+P&P) and will be available to buy from September 2nd.

A preview of the album can be seen here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yidfGKTVtdo

MAGENTA LIVE 2013

Saturday August 31st
The Borderline. London

Sunday September 1st
The Robin. Bilston

Friday Sept 6th
The Globe. Cardiff

Friday Nov 1st
Spirit Of 66. Belgium

Saturday Nov 2nd