Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: What do you guys think of Ozzy's performance here?

What do you guys think of Ozzy's performance here?

Interviewer of reprobate ne'er-do-well musicians of the long-haired rock n' roll persuasion at: www.velvetthunder.co.uk and former scribe at Classic Rock Society. Only vaguely aware of anything other than music.

*** Join me in the Garden of Delights for 3 hours of tune-spinning... every Saturday at 5pm EST on Deep Nuggets radio! www.deepnuggets.com ***

Oh, that's painful.
    I'm not lazy. I just work so fast I'm always done.

Banned
    Somewhere, the spirit of Ronnie James Dio is laughing his ass off.

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Maybe Ronnie put the malocchio on Ozzy.

He was horrible on opening night.

Some have speculated that the monitors were bad. Some think his hearing is going. Some think we should be thankful a legend like him is even up there ... etc.

Hopefully last night proves that things are somewhat back on track and will be a sign of the how the rest of the tour will sound.

My guess is that Ronnie's "spirit" is well aware of the fact that Osbourne has Parkin Syndrome.

And since "laughing" would hence be akin to something like making jokes about people in wheelchairs, I can't see it.

Someone posted a video on FB where Ozzy is singing Into The Void a full step down from the rest of the band. It's a horror show.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JeffCarney View Post
    My guess is that Ronnie's "spirit" is well aware of the fact that Osbourne has Parkin Syndrome.

And since "laughing" would hence be akin to something like making jokes about people in wheelchairs, I can't see it.
    OH, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! Are you really gonna play that card now? You never run out of reasons for why we should all be happy that Ozzy is still out there, even when it's clear to everyone - including yourself - that the dude can't cut it anymore, and only Ozzy can get away with sounding like shit because everybody expects him to. OK, then. He's like Muhammad Ali. Took one punch too many. At least Ali knew when to stay down.

OH, FOR CRYIN' OUT LOUD!!! Are you really gonna play that card now? You never run out of reasons for why we should all be happy that Ozzy is still out there, even when it's clear to everyone - including yourself - that the dude can't cut it anymore, and only Ozzy can get away with sounding like shit because everybody expects him to. OK, then. He's like Muhammad Ali. Took one punch too many. At least Ali knew when to stay down.
    You've raised a separate issue from that which I addressed.

Ronnie James Dio had class. Lots of it, actually.

You've got to be kidding.

This, is a better alternative.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    How is that a better alternative?

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    How is that a better alternative?
    Easy. For those who don't want to hear on a bad night now, listen to him on any night then.

Easy. For those who don't want to hear on a bad night now, listen to him on any night then.
    As long as you have a time machine.

Banned
    You've raised a separate issue from that which I addressed.

Ronnie James Dio had class. Lots of it, actually.
    Yeah, I got that much. It was a yoke, mang. But Ozzy still sounds like shit.

As long as you have a time machine.
    Right. Because you don't need a "time machine" to hear Gillan, Tony Martin or Rob Halford in Sabbath.

Right. Because you don't need a "time machine" to hear Gillan, Tony Martin or Rob Halford in Sabbath.

Like the guy said, It was a yoke, mang. They're all still alive and presumably capable of doing better than what was in post#1. That said, there are some clips of '12/'13 Ozzy out there that don't sound too bad.

But Ozzy still sounds like shit.
    He sounds worse than I've ever heard him, although I have not followed his solo career.

Many are convinced that he had trouble with the monitors the first two nights and it was better sorted out by last night.

I don't buy that this explains everything. I think something is wrong with his hearing or perception of sound. He's had problems hitting high notes for years, but him singing completely out of key for entire songs is a new one on me.

I had no idea Ozzy had Parkinson's Disease/Parkinsonism. Judging by his performance, he must be in its early stages. I wish him well.

For the record, Mr. Ali's Parkinson's was not brought on by too many blows to the head. It was just his bad fortune to get the garden-variety of Parkinson's Disease.
    I've got a bike you can ride it if you like

Like the guy said, It was a yoke, mang. They're all still alive and presumably capable of doing better than what was in post#1. That said, there are some clips of '12/'13 Ozzy out there that don't sound too bad.
    Well, I posted something from last night for balance, but I don't know if Ozzy singing "ok" is really a topic for much discussion, Hence, I won't be surprised if this thread is full of people who skip that and listen only to what is surely one the worst performances of his entire 45 year career.

Quote Originally Posted by Casey View Post
    I had no idea Ozzy had Parkinson's Disease/Parkinsonism. Judging by his performance, he must be in its early stages. I wish him well.

For the record, Mr. Ali's Parkinson's was not brought on by too many blows to the head. It was just his bad fortune to get the garden-variety of Parkinson's Disease.
    He has Parkin Syndrome. Not Parkinson's.

Parkin Syndome develops at an early age. Some of the symptoms are similar to Parkinson's. He was diagnosed in 2005 and it is suspected he has probably had it since his early 20s. I believe it is thought to be genetic. The symptoms were probably better controlled when he was younger and include tremors, slurred speech, posture problems, etc. He takes medication to control the symptoms, which are obviously severe enough to still show.

Banned
    I think something is wrong with his hearing or perception of sound. He's had problems hitting high notes for years, but him singing completely out of key for entire songs is a new one on me.
    He's an old fucking man who's treated himself like shit for 50 years. That's the problem. You can take away the Parkin thing and it wouldn't make any difference.

I'm praying Geddy Lee never goes this route.

He's an old fucking man who's treated himself like shit for 50 years. That's the problem. You can take away the Parkin thing and it wouldn't make any difference.
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that Ozzy's "lifestyle" has helped in terms of his overall health.

But in going out on a limb and assuming you're not a doctor, let me just say that you don't know what in the fuck you're talking about. If by chance you are a doctor, remove "in the fuck" from the previous sentence.

May 6, 2005

Rocker OZZY OSBOURNE has been diagnosed with Parkin Syndrome and will have to take daily medication for the rest of his life to combat the involuntary shudders associated with the condition.

The former BLACK SABBATH star was given the all-clear for Parkison's disease in 2003, after he complained his tremors were "practically destroying (his) life".

And the 56-year-old singer presumed his body shakes were a result of a lifetime of drug abuse, until doctors recently told him he has inherited the condition from his relatives.

"I'd always assumed it was the booze and stuff. Now I've found it all stems from the family. It's called Parkin but it's not Parkinson's. Anything to do with the central nervous system has the word Parkin in it.

"A doctor in Los Angeles tried to tell me I had multiple sclerosis. And I believed him until I had a second opinion.

"When I told my sister she said, 'Not you as well? Mum had that and Auntie ELSIE and your grandma.'

"I'm like, 'Thanks for f**king telling me'. Me walking around thinking I've got some drug paralysis."

http://www.contactmusic.com/news-art...arkin-syndrome

And a medical site with good info on the condition should you choose to remove head from ass:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK1478/
    Last edited by JeffCarney; 07-30-2013 at 11:46 PM.

Banned
    I don't think anybody is suggesting that Ozzy's "lifestyle" has helped in terms of his overall health.

But in going out on a limb and assuming you're not a doctor, let me just say that you don't know what in the fuck you're talking about. If by chance you are a doctor, remove "in the fuck" from the previous sentence.
    Dude, you're crackin' me up with your fanboy shit. I haven't laughed so hard in years.