Thread: Hawkwind - Electric Tepee

Hawkwind - Electric Tepee

Looking to add this to my Hawkwind collection. Any thoughts from my space cadets...I will be going to the Philly show in October. Anyone else going????

electric tepee is a great sounding cd! great music including a remake of mirror of illusions called mask of morning worth the price alone. i'll be at the nyc show for sure and maybe more playing it by ear.

Generally regarded as one of their best later-era CDs. I like the track Secret Agent, plus the lead off - LSD!
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

Absolutely a must.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Generally regarded as one of their best later-era CDs. I like the track Secret Agent, plus the lead off - LSD!
    Love the atmosphere of Blue Shift but the whole album is great. I hope you have Levitation and Blood Of The Earth as well.
    "The wind is slowly tearing her apart"
    Sad Rain
    Anekdoten

I thought it was a pretty good album. Some very solid music on this one. This was the last good album I heard from them. Their next album, It Is The Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous, had them trying to prove (and failing, if you ask me) that they weren't just a bunch of "boring old farts". And their new albums became scarce where I live after that, so I never really heard any after that.

But Electric Tepee I remember liking a lot. I'll have to dig it out and play a couple tracks on Journey Of The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    And their new albums became scarce where I live after that, so I never really heard any after that.
    Both Blood Of Earth and Onward are very, very strong efforts. To put it in perspective, Mr. Dibs and Naill Hone are working pretty hard, because they don't want to be known as a nostalgia act.
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

It signaled their renaissance after an array of average albums. I also like what came after ("It Is The Business Of The Future To Be Dangerous", "Alien 4" etc.)
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    It signaled their renaissance after an array of average albums.
    Beg to differ. I thought Space Bandits, Palace Springs, and most of the 80's era albums were great. I think Hawkwind stayed pretty consistently strong right up through to and including Electric Tepee. There were a couple "best of the leftovers" collections during the 80's, one was called Zones, the other In & Outtake (or was Out & Intake?) that I thought weren't all that great, but beyond that, I like most of what the band did during the 70's, 80's and very early 90's.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberrybrick View Post
    Both Blood Of Earth and Onward are very, very strong efforts. To put it in perspective, Mr. Dibs and Naill Hone are working pretty hard, because they don't want to be known as a nostalgia act.
    Thanks, I'll have to look for those two.

Quote Originally Posted by Modry Effekt View Post
    Absolutely a must.
    It's one of my favorites too

One of the better later-period HW albums. It have a very electronic-rock feel.
    American Hollow - my prog band.