Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NJ news events

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    How about "only attendant fuelling at the gas stations" rule ...is it unique to NJ?
    No, they have it in Oregon too.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

I should have been more clear about the water. Not referring to medical waste. The further north you go, the dirtier it seems to get. So, it was a comparative observation. Of course, I'm not one to trek in the tropics. And I haven't been to the Jersey Shore in quite a while.

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    I should have been more clear about the water. Not referring to medical waste. The further north you go, the dirtier it seems to get. So, it was a comparative observation. Of course, I'm not one to trek in the tropics. And I haven't been to the Jersey Shore in quite a while.

http://nj.usgs.gov/publications/FS/fs-062-98.pdf

we do have some awesome wineres here. And once you get into the southwest area, you're in the country...

"Alienated-so alien I go!"

Any time NJ is in the news here, 95% of the time it's something to do with north Jersey. The other 5 percent is Mike Trout.

I haven't read any articles on this but I saw a blurb on TV about it. What's up with Gov. Christie and medical marijuana?

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    I haven't read any articles on this but I saw a blurb on TV about it. What's up with Gov. Christie and medical marijuana?
    seriously ill kids can have access to it with restictions

Good

Quote Originally Posted by Vic2012 View Post
    Good
    personally, I would love to see "seriously ill" include "getting on my nerves in Target". In fact, every kid should get marijuana when going into Target. It seems Target is meltdown central...

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    seriously ill kids can have access to it with restictions
    Just children? If that's true, it's a totally political move.

Still don't understand why marijuana isn't treated like any other prescription drug.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Rune Blackwings View Post
    personally, I would love to see "seriously ill" include "getting on my nerves in Target". In fact, every kid should get marijuana when going into Target. It seems Target is meltdown central...
    To be clear, this is the non-stoning kind of pot.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Still don't understand why marijuana isn't treated like any other prescription drug.
    Sure you do, Scott. It's all political. The false aura of the evils of weed have been so ingrained in our society, that those who know the least about it are the most vocal against it. It's still considered political suicide to support legalization to some degree.

I have a very good friend who has been suffering form cancer for quite a while. He told me himself that he would be dead if it wasn't for weed.

Actually, back in the last century, pot was made illegal after huge amounts of money were thrown at it by the alcohol business. True story.
    Cobra handling and cocaine use are a bad mix.

Just children? If that's true, it's a totally political move.
    So Christie is "stirring the pot"?

medical marijuana is already legal in NJ, but there was a debate on the access of it to seriously ill children.

In NJ, we do not have much of a choice on leadership really. It's down to whose corruption and waffling is going to piss off the people the least. Corzine was out and out a loser to the extreme that he actually made Florio (who I voted for ages ago) seem like he was competent. Whitman was a waffler. McJersey was a total buffoon. In fact, I think the most competent of NJ's governors were the interim governors between Whitman and McJersey and McJersey and Corzine. I think NJ should just elect governors, have them resign and let the interim governors just run everything. But I digress...
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 08-18-2013 at 12:22 PM. Reason: I think Trippin the Riff fans will get the McJersey joke

the Matawan shark attack
    no sales tax on clothes and shoes
    cheaper gas
    Rutgers & Princeton universities
    corn, cranberries, blueberries
    lower unemployment then most states
    worst drivers

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Not really news, but pretty damn funny nevertheless:

It's funny because it is so damn accurate.
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by BravadoNJ View Post
    the Matawan shark attack
    no sales tax on clothes and shoes
    cheaper gas
    Rutgers & Princeton universities
    corn, cranberries, blueberries
    lower unemployment then most states
    worst drivers
    THE MATAWAN MAN EATER

You chose an obscure one-I like that

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Not really news, but pretty damn funny nevertheless:

It's funny because it is so damn accurate.
    I live just inside of "pretty much alabama" along the border of "swamps and toxic waste", but I work on the border of "gaudy summer homes, near the corners of "pineys pineys everywhere" and "ghetto in the woods". The area "where they filmed clerks" needs to be lowered to include Red Bank. And yes....this is extremely accurate. In fact, if you want to make it accurate to south jerseyans. just color in the whole region above 195 and call it "new yorkers who get all the federal aid"
    Last edited by Rune Blackwings; 09-07-2013 at 01:40 PM. Reason: i hate north jersey....seriously

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Funny!

This is going to sound crazy, but I had no idea that's where Atlantic City was - I didn't know it was on the Jersey Shore, I didn't really even know it was in NJ (despite the fact that Bruce caterwauls about it). But then, I grew up in Manhattan, so I didn't even know where Ohio was until I had to go there recently. I thought it was much further west than it is, but I think I had it confused with Idaho.

Funny Story:

When I was a teenager I met some other teenagers (at camp or somewhere) and one of them asked me if I lived on the Island. I said Yes. Then later I mentioned living in NYC. The kid said "I thought you said you live on the Island?" I said "I thought you meant Manhattan."

I had never heard Long Island referred to as "The Island," also I always thought of Long Island as a god-forsaken no-man's land that only existed so we could get the ferry to Fire Island (which I love, but knew was not called "The Island.") Manhattan was the only island that made sense to me to refer to as "The Island."

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This is going to sound crazy, but I had no idea that's where Atlantic City was - I didn't know it was on the Jersey Shore, I didn't really even know it was in NJ
    that is odd...AC used to be THE vacation destination for Manhattan folks for the longest time...

Quote Originally Posted by Progmatic View Post
    that is odd...AC used to be THE vacation destination for Manhattan folks for the longest time...
    I don't think that many Manhattan folks went to Atlantic City (except like in the '30s and '40s and maybe the '80s and '90s, but not the '60s and '70s). We went to Fire Island then, which was where the more Bohemian types went.
    Last edited by JKL2000; 09-11-2013 at 04:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    This is going to sound crazy, but I had no idea that's where Atlantic City was - I didn't know it was on the Jersey Shore, I didn't really even know it was in NJ (despite the fact that Bruce caterwauls about it). But then, I grew up in Manhattan, so I didn't even know where Ohio was until I had to go there recently. I thought it was much further west than it is, but I think I had it confused with Idaho.
    Seriously? Did you live in an abandoned subway tunnel or something?

Seriously? Did you live in an abandoned subway tunnel or something?
    No, I lived in Manhattan, the capital of the world.

PE Member Since 4/9/2002 NeonKnight's Avatar
    Hah "New York Jr."
    “Where words fail, music speaks.” - Hans Christian Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by NeonKnight View Post
    Hah "New York Jr."
    I actually don't know what that's supposed to be.