Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567

Thread: Choose Your Avatar & Discuss

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Not my avatar but thought you guys might like this picture I got at my Farewell Party. Stunningly accurate.

Ian Farewell.jpg
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

That's really cool, Ian!
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Very artistic pic, Ian! I guess a move is in your near future; hope it's a smooth transition

I chose my avatar because I like mandalas...and fish....(because I love being near the ocean and I'm a pisces). Plain and simple!

Can an avatar be a gif?

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    Not my avatar but thought you guys might like this picture I got at my Farewell Party. Stunningly accurate.
    Since your pic was made, there have been some updates to the NUFC logo:

540124_10151482653872935_1254932098_n.jpg

My avatar is the album cover of my former band's first and last album: Bad Dog U - s/t... as a handful of you know. It's 9 years old now and I've pretty much given up on trying to promote it anymore... except for this last feeble attempt. Besides, I still love the cover, which I looked through thousands of stock photography submissions to find.

Just cued up my new copy of Bad Dog U (from CD Baby). Some thoughtful music here - kind of a fusion/prog blend. I'm really liking the guitar work.
    I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart

Quote Originally Posted by Jerjo View Post
    Just cued up my new copy of Bad Dog U (from CD Baby). Some thoughtful music here - kind of a fusion/prog blend. I'm really liking the guitar work.
    Ah, so you're the recent "anonymous customer"(CD Baby emails it's artists to let them know whenever somebody has purchased their CD)! Since the CD has been there for nine years now, I get an email like that about once every two or three months, so it's always a noteworthy event! Thanks so much for buying it, Jerjo! I'm glad you're liking the guitar work, especially since that was me!

Quote Originally Posted by sarah View Post
    My avatar is Audrey Hepburn, she is the most beautiful woman
    One of my favorite actresses. I love the old classics! (Movies, not Audrey, LOL!)
    "The mountains are calling and I must go" - John Muir

"To breathe the same air as the angels, you must go to Tahoe" - Mark Twain

Pendulumswingingdoomsday Rune Blackwings's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zombywoof View Post
    You're Mikael Åkerfeldt?
    "Alienated-so alien I go!"

MIne is a picture of an angry ugly cat. I have no idea why I picked it except that it was in my Pictures folder.

On the old PE, I had profile photos of me playing bass and wearing a kimono on stage in 1977 and in 2008. This Symphony X album cover reminds me of that.
    You say Mega Ultra Deluxe Special Limited Edition Extended Autographed 5-LP, 3-CD, 4-DVD, 2-BlueRay, 4-Cassette, five 8-Track, MP4 Download plus Demos, Outtakes, Booklet, T-Shirt and Guitar Pick Gold-Leafed Box Set Version like it's a bad thing...

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    [QUOTE=NogbadTheBad;88741]Not my avatar but thought you guys might like this picture I got at my Farewell Party. Stunningly accurate.

Good likeness!

Staying on the 19th Century caricature theme, my new avatar is detail from this. Obviously, this bit is a takeoff from the famous cherubs from Raphael’s Sistine Madonna...which means there’s sort of a prog connection via DDR rockers Electra.

-------------
    MIKE (a.k.a. "Progbear")

‘“What blow, Goblin?” said Corinius.’ --E. R. Eddison

N.P.:“Half-Angel, Half-Eagle”-Jane Siberry/Bound by the Beauty