Thread: RIP Mick Farren

RIP Mick Farren

I'm shocked and deeply saddened by this news... Mick Farren has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.. a true player and flyer of the freak flag since the earliest daze of the 60s; singer, journalist, author.. the list goes on... you couldn't have had a more 'rock n' roll' death Mick...

R.I.P. A true counter-culture icon.

Last edited by spacefreak; 07-28-2013 at 12:22 PM.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Can't find much information out there at present..but it was at a gig?...while he was performing...?

Knew he'd been having health problems.

R.I.P.

Yes, it was on stage.
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

Time to crank up some Deviants...

Let's loot the supermarket!
    Macht das ohr auf!

COSMIC EYE RECORDS

RIP, Mick, have another cigarette
    "Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

"Always ready with the ray of sunshine"

He was a good science fiction writer, which I'm not sure a lot of people know about. Necrom and The Feelies were both really good novels.

Quote Originally Posted by spacefreak View Post
    I'm shocked and deeply saddened by this news... Mick Farren has been a part of my life for as long as I can remember.. a true player and flyer of the freak flag since the earliest daze of the 60s; singer, journalist, author.. the list goes on... you couldn't have had a more 'rock n' roll' death Mick...

R.I.P. A true counter-culture icon.

As what Spyros said.
    Rest in peace.Mick.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    He was a good science fiction writer, which I'm not sure a lot of people know about. Necrom and The Feelies were both really good novels.
    I only knew of him through his writing. I've read 10 of his books, most of them sci-fi. Raw, powerful and imaginative works. I'd compare it favorably to Phillip K. Dick or K.W. Jeter. RIP.
    "The Bill of Rights says nothing about the freedom of hearing. This, of course, takes a lot of the fun out of the freedom of speech." - Pat Paulsen

My Art- http://www.facebook.com/williamallenrenfro -My Life

Farren was as central to the London hippy underground scene as anyone. Not a household name but a major figure for the cognoscenti. A militant psychedelic rock'nroll hedonist and a perceptive wit.

I strongly recommend his memoir Give The Anarchist A Cigarette, and - not for ther faint-hearted - The Deviants' albums and his solo aoblum.

Dying on stage at a psychedelic festival at a London club was a great way to go.

Obituary by Charles Shaar Murray here.

And an unexpected obituary -- quite a full one -- in the highly establishment Daily Telegraph here.

Time to spin "Mona". RIP Mick