Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fake stage amps or the "grand illusion".

Quote Originally Posted by No Pride View Post
    I saw them live as well... and in a pretty small club. Yep, they were loud! But of all the concerts I've seen (and I've seen Led Zeppelin and Jimi Hendrix among others), the loudest one was McLaughlin and Santana touring "Love, Devotion and Surrender."
    I remember one guy telling the loudest show he ever saw was ELP on the Brain Salad Surgery tour.

Ech. It's filled with Bud!

Presumably, it would cool beer too. You're forgiven.

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    I find all of that Geddy Lee stuff to be absolutely brilliant.
    Totally agree! I always love how their music has this comepletely serious image, and then you see them live and they are three goofballs.

Quote Originally Posted by GuitarGeek View Post
    I remember one guy telling the loudest show he ever saw was ELP on the Brain Salad Surgery tour.
    I think the loudest I ever heard was Joe Satriani at the Tradewinds down the Jersey shore in 98. Odd as I saw him a couple oter times and the volume was not a problem. Had earplugs thankfully. Liquid Tension Experiment was nearly as loud for their Nearfest show, and again, I had earplugs. The worst for me was seeing a very early NJ Proghouse show at the former Harly dealership turned studio. It was Under The Sun, and they were quite loud, but I did forget the earplugs this time. My ears rang the whole rest of the night. I just hate that sensation.

Re: Rush

Quote Originally Posted by Yanks2009 View Post
    Totally agree! I always love how their music has this comepletely serious image, and then you see them live and they are three goofballs.
    OH yeah, I loved that bit of animation they showed during By-Tor when I saw them. I particularly loved how the caricatures of Geddy and Alex were these over the top ridiculous images (particulary the bodybuilders), then they show Neil, who has this very serious "not amused" look on his face. I don't know why but that image of Neil just cracked me up. I also saw the one concert on VH-1 Classic where they had this intro film with Jerry Stiller, "You think they'll do A Passage To Bangkok? Oh, of course they won't! They never do ...Bangkok!"

so-so video but here's that intro with the animation and then Jerry Stiller.

I don't like country music, but I don't mean to denigrate those who do. And for the people who like country music, denigrate means 'put down.'- Bob Newhart