Thread: Cuneiform Artists on tour - August, 2013

Cuneiform Artists on tour - August, 2013

It's still summertime, it's still hot and there's still reduced activity, but there's still a good head of steam beginning to be built up and we're posting this a little early so that the shows at the end of this week might still gather your notice.

We post this information here just once a month, but you can always see the most recent information (updated at least 4 x per month) at:

http://cuneiformrecords.com/tours.html

Thank you and hope to see you at a show or two!

AHLEUCHATISTAS
    September 5-7 - Hopscotch Festival - Raleigh, NC

BLUE CRANES
    August 17 - Sewallcrest Park - SE 31st Ave & Market St - Portland, OR (performing an original live score for Filmusik's production of Planet of the Dinosaurs)

CHEER-ACCIDENT
    September 20-22 - Rock In Opposition 2013 - Carmaux, France

ERGO
    July 26 - The Lily-Pad - 1353 Cambridge St., Inman Square - Cambridge, MA - $10.00

MICHAEL GIBBS
    October 26 - NDR Big Band featuring Bill Frisell - Hamburg, Germany

GUAPO

CURTIS HASSELBRING
    February 12 - Atlas Performing Arts Center - 1333 H St NE - Washington, DC 20002 (202) 399-799

JANEL AND ANTHONY
    July 26 - presented by Cuneiform Records and Sonic Circuits - Biowall Plaza - Cameron Street (between Spring and Fenton) - Silver Spring, MD 20910 - FREE and open to all : 6:00 - 7:30 (rain date July 27 - 4:30-6:00)

THE KANDINSKY EFFECT
    December 13 - Scramento Jazz Festival - Sacramento, CA

December 14 - Scramento Jazz Festival - Sacramento, CA

LED BIB
    October 5 - Jazz and More - Sibu, Romania

April/May - tba - UK tour

May/June - tba - continental Europe tour

LIVING BY LANTERNS
    August 24 - Santa Anna Arresi Jazz Festival - Sardinia, Italy

August 29 - Willisau Jazz Festival - Willisau, Switzerland

MIRIODOR
    August 31-September 1 - Progday - Storybook Farm - Chapel Hill, NC (their ONLY US appearance for the foreseeable future)

ED PALERMO BIG BAND
    July 31 - Echo Lake Concert Series - Echo Lake, NJ (The Music of Paul Butterfield and Mike Bloomfield) (908) 558-4079

August 3 - Ed Palermo Big Band BEACH PARTY - Live At The Falcon - 1349 Route 9W - Marlboro, NY (845) 236-7970

August 17 - Montclair Jazz Festival - Montclair, NJ

September 6 - Iridium - 1650 Broadway (at 51st) - NY, NY - with special guest Napoleon Murphy Brock!

September 7 - Iridium - 1650 Broadway (at 51st) - NY, NY - with special guest Napoleon Murphy Brock!

RICHARD PINHAS
    September 15 - San Francisco Electronic Music Festival - Brava Theater Center - 2781 24th Street (at York)
    San Francisco, CA

September 18 - performing with Barry Cleveland - Bows and Arrows - 1815 19th St Sacramento, CA - 916.822.5668

September 19 - performing with Barry Cleveland - Duende - 468 19th Street, Oakland, CA - 510-893-0174

September 21 - tbc - Vancouver, BC, Canada

October 1 - performing with Aaron Dilloway - St Vitus - 1120 Manhattan Ave - Brooklyn, NY

October 2 - performing with Aaron Dilloway - Brillobox - 4104 Penn Ave Pittsburgh, PA 15224 (412) 621-4900

October 3 - Sonic Circuits Festival -Atlas Performing Arts Center - 1333 H Street NE - Washington DC, DC 20002

PIXEL
    August 8 - Hemnes JazzFestival - Norway

PRESENT

ALEC K. REDFEARN AND THE EYESORES
    October 16 - Casa del Popolo - Montreal, Quebec, Canada

REVOLUTIONARY SNAKE ENSEMBLE
    July 25 - Boston Public Library - Courtyard, Boston Globe Summer Arts Festival - 6-7pm, FREE

August 16 - Bubula's By The Bay - 183 Commercial St. - Provincetown, MA (508) 487-0773 : FREE

DYLAN RYAN / SAND
    July 29 - ShapeShifter Lab - 18 Whitwell Pl - Brooklyn, NY 11215

July 30 - Joe's Pub - 425 Lafayette St - NYC, NY (212) 539-8778

July 31 - PhilaMOCA - 531 North 12th St. - Philadelphia, PA 19123

August 1 - Berkley Bar - 1401 Ocean Ave - Asbury Park, NJ 07712 (732) 361-6773

August 2 - Dog Daze Festival (a presentation of Sonic Circuits) - Union Arts DC - 411 New York Avenue, NE - Washington, DC

August 4 - Eagle Rock Center For The Performing Arts - 2225 Colorado Blvd - Eagle Rock, CA

August 5 - Del Monte Speakeasy - 52 Windward Avenue - Venice, CA (310) 392-4040

SÃO PAULO UNDERGROUND
    August 11 - Jazz em Augusto - Lisbon, Portugal [Pharaoh and the Underground: Pharoah Sanders with São Paulo Underground!]

September 7 - Guelph Jazz Festival - Guelph, Ontario, Canada [Pharaoh and the Underground: Pharoah Sanders with São Paulo Underground!]

October 21 - Skopje Jazz Festival - Skopje, Macedonia

October 22 - Porgy & Bess Jazz Club - Vienna, Austria

October 23 - Onassis Cultural Center - Athens, Greece

October 24 - Onassis Cultural Center - Athens, Greece

October 26 - Frankfurt Jazz Festival - Frankfurt, Germany [Pharaoh and the Underground: Pharoah Sanders with São Paulo Underground!]

WADADA LEO SMITH
    August 30 - "Ten Freedom Summers" - Chicago Jazz Festival - Millenium Park - 201 E. Randolph St. - Chicago, IL

September 7 -"Ten Freedom Summers" - Guelph Jazz Festival - Guelph, Ontario, Canada

SONAR (Our latest signing - CD out in January!!)
    October 6 - Sonic Circuits Festival - Atlas Performing Arts Center - 1333 H Street NE - Washington DC, DC 20002

October 11 - ShapeShifter Lab - 18 Whitwell Pl - Brooklyn, NY 11215 (with Zevious!)

October 12 - Orion Sound Studios - 2903 Whittington Ave., Suite C - Baltimore, Md. 21230 (with Zevious and Expanding Man)

UNIVERS ZERO

ZEVIOUS
    October 11 - ShapeShifter Lab - 18 Whitwell Pl - Brooklyn, NY 11215 (with SONAR!) - record release show!

October 12 - Orion Sound Studios - 2903 Whittington Ave., Suite C - Baltimore, Md. 21230 (with SONAR and Expanding Man) - record release show!

November tour with Dysrhythmia - details tba
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

“Remember, if it doesn't say "Cuneiform," it's not prog!” - THE Jed Levin

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

"Death to false 'support the scene' prog!"

please add 'imo' wherever you like, to avoid offending those easily offended.

Kristi
    I see the Zevious show at Orion is the same night as Hawkwind in DC. Unfortunately...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Pity I'll miss Ergo as I'm out of the country, looking forward to Miriodor at ProgDay and all the bands at RIO.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by kristi View Post
    I see the Zevious show at Orion is the same night as Hawkwind in DC. Unfortunately...
    You pays your money, you makes the choice that works best for you!

I doubt the attendance for Zevious/SONAR will be greatly impacted by Hawkwind, and vice-versa. Two mostly different audiences, imo.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Any time any one speaks to me about any musical project, the one absolute given is "it will not make big money". [tip of the hat to HK]

Kristi
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve F. View Post
    You pays your money, you makes the choice that works best for you!

I doubt the attendance for Zevious/SONAR will be greatly impacted by Hawkwind, and vice-versa. Two mostly different audiences, imo.
    Of course, I was speaking strictly from my own personal self-centered perspective! ��

v cool double bill with Sao Paulo w/Pharaoh Sanders and Wadada Leo Smith at the Guelph jazz fest - off to buy tickets.

oh, yeah. I haven't had the opportunity to see SPU with Pharaoh, but I've heard a show and they work well together; still hoping I will have a chance sometime (but it won't be at Guelph for me this year)...

Have a great time.
    Steve F.

www.waysidemusic.com
    www.cuneiformrecords.com

Will be at these:

Quote Originally Posted by Steve F.
    SÃO PAULO UNDERGROUND
    September 7 - Guelph Jazz Festival - Guelph, Ontario, Canada [Pharaoh and the Underground: Pharoah Sanders with São Paulo Underground!]

WADADA LEO SMITH
    August 30 - "Ten Freedom Summers" - Chicago Jazz Festival - Millenium Park - 201 E. Randolph St. - Chicago, IL
    September 7 -"Ten Freedom Summers" - Guelph Jazz Festival - Guelph, Ontario, Canada
    And maybe this, but a Wednesday night really isn't ideal for a 4-hour round trip:

ALEC K. REDFEARN AND THE EYESORES
    October 16 - Casa del Popolo - Montreal, Quebec, Canada