Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by bob_32_116 View Post
    A woman gave birth to a baby. Well, well, well. good heavens.

And in other news, water is wet.

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    The little darling will have an iron grip on that whole country one day.

It lies with me cried the Queen of Maybe..........

Must say that Dutchess of Cambridge really came thru with a proper heir and spare---now William is free to screw as many mistresses as possible!!

Guess there's no chance they will name her Diana Elizabeth Camilla

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    The little darling will have an iron grip on that whole country one day.
    Unlikely, given the rules of succession. Her older brother is ahead of him in the queue - then it's his children's turn.

Huh.

Child #2 and I still don't care. How 'bout that.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Suspended
    Harry escaped to Oz for the duration, probably to avoid all the saccharine sweetness around the birth. Or possibly to keep himself out of the news and forestall the inevitable recurring speculations about his own ancestry.

While he was in Fremantle he ate a 'burger. This, apparently, was considered a hot news scoop.

If I seem to be giving the impression I'm not the world's most staunch royalist, that impression would be correct.

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by PeterG View Post
    That makes a lot of sense. Of course, being sensible has nothing to do with its chances of ever getting up.

So, does the baby have a name yet or will they just stick with Hashtag Royal Baby for the time being?

I’m rooting for Prinzzess Syndee Kay-Lee Chardonnay, personally.
    "Dem Glücklichen legt auch der Hahn ein Ei."

Suspended
    The new baby's name will almost certainly be some very "safe" name, like Elizabeth, or Anne, or Margaret. Anything slightly out of the ordinary would be endlessly analysed and cross-analysed. It has to sound British, and preferably English. Even a name like Mary is probably risky, because that sounds more irish or Scottish.

Of course they might drop a bombshell and give us Princess Sheila. That'll keep those Aussies loyal to the monarchy!

All hail Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - "Her Royal Highness, Princess Charlotte of Cambridge"
    http://7online.com/society/britains-...-diana/692546/

**LONDON --
    Britain's newborn princess has been named Charlotte Elizabeth Diana - seen as a tribute to Prince William's parents and grandmother.
    The princess is the second child of Prince William and his wife Kate, the Duchess of Cambridge. The baby will be known as :: Her Royal Highness Princess Charlotte of Cambridge ::, royal officials said Monday.
    Charlotte, the feminine form of Charles, appears to be a nod to the newborn's grandfather, Prince Charles. The middle names honor Queen Elizabeth II, the infant's 89-year-old great-grandmother, and the late Princess Diana, William's mother. The princess is fourth in line to the throne after Charles, William and her older brother Prince George.**
    Last edited by Obscured; 05-04-2015 at 01:40 PM.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Hail Charlotte! Glory be her name! Long live the royal baby! All Britain hails her very existence!! All Britons kneel down and swear that she will always be superior to them...

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Fuck off.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Ian, I was directing that only at the people who had a "screw the royal baby!" attitude. I didn't mean any disrespect to the baby - sorry if it seemed that way.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    The Tampon of Wales has a granddaughter. WAAAAELL LAA DE FRICKIN' DA

Suspended
    I have discovered what I think is a pretty good rule of thumb: I am not going to get much out of any thread whose subject heading ends in an exclamation mark.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    !!

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I'm with the French when it comes to royalty, guillotine the lot of them.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by NogbadTheBad View Post
    I'm with the French when it comes to royalty, guillotine the lot of them.
    LOL Oh, well in that case, bend a knee and pledge your fealty to the royal babe.

Fascinating website with so much information available to those who wish to be informed-
    http://www.royal.gov.uk/
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
    Fascinating website with so much information available to those who wish to be informed-
    http://www.royal.gov.uk/
    LOL - "Choose your Commonwealth Realm." Westeros!

One hair off that babe's head is worth more than all of us together. All of Great Britain must kowtow to him.

So whats worse, the Brit fascination with everything royal, or the yank fascination with the bubble butted Kardashians? Equally depressing to me, that parasites on society are so eagerly fed by the zombie masses. And also the capitalist running dogs...........

Suspended
    Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    So whats worse, the Brit fascination with everything royal, or the yank fascination with the bubble butted Kardashians? Equally depressing to me, that parasites on society are so eagerly fed by the zombie masses. And also the capitalist running dogs...........
    Does it matter which is worse? Both are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by nycsteve View Post
    The Brit fascination with the royals doesn't bother me - they are British royalty, after all. But I'll never understand American fascination with British royals.

And the Kardashians are a whole other form of idiocy.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally