Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: The Royal Baby!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    Blah blah blah whatever.

They're figureheads.
    LOL. You're funny.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Good thing we've got enlightened folks such as yourself to set the rest of us straight.
    And this is why I usually don't put my opinions out there. I didn't personally attack you, so I'm not sure why you feel the need to get snarky. Since it offends you so deeply, I'll delete the post.

It would be cool if they named the baby Dweezil.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

All Things Must Pass spellbound's Avatar
    We're trying to build a monument to show that we were here
    It won't be visible through the air
    And there won't be any shade to cool the monument to prove that we were here. - Gene Parsons, 1973

Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by Oreb View Post
    All these people who have taken the time to post that they don't care (often more than once) and attach images, videos etc!

Sorry, I don't believe you: if you really weren't interested you wouldn't have opened the thread. You're just posturing.

For myself, the child is likely to one day be head of state in my country (for better or worse). It would be simply ignorant to be disinterested.
    You're right about one thing... I do care enough to recognize the face of my future target for bazooka shooting practice ...
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    I thought we fought for our independence so that rich landowners could keep more of their money?
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by trurl View Post
    When she was younger, she had a thing going on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Banquo View Post
    Oh yeah. She was HOT back in the day.

And then she gave birth to a chimpanzee.
    That's all the inbreeding.
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

hiding out in treetops, shouting out rude names
    I wonder, if they inbreed enough, will their chins grow back?

I'm as interested in hearing about this baby as I am any other person's baby, i.e. B-O-R-I-N-G......
    Compact Disk brought high fidelity to the masses and audiophiles will never forgive it for that

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    Dunkin Donuts was selling "Royal Munchkins" this morning, for anyone who would like to have a big celebration at work this morning. (They have red, white, & blue sprinkles.)
    Just thought I should pass that info on...

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Dunkin Donuts was selling "Royal Munchkins" this morning, for anyone who would like to have a big celebration at work this morning. (They have red, white, & blue sprinkles.)
    Wow, that's sounds even more nauseating.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Wow, that's sounds even more nauseating.
    And yet, people have to celebrate...

OMG! THEY NAMED THE BABY!!!!!!

George Alexander Louis, for anyone who cares.
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    I only eat Krispy Kremes. (Yes, there is still ONE left in NYC, it's at Penn Station (Amtrak Level for those who also care.))

But in bigger Royal Baby appreciation news, Steely Dan played the tune (one of my all-time favorites) "King Of The World" last night in Cleveland. It was the first time the tune had been performed live since their return to the stage in 1993, meaning it had not been played since 1974.
    Hail To The Royal Baby. Hail to George Alexander Louis. HAIL.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    George Alexander Louis, for anyone who cares.
    F*ck! We were hoping they wouldn't go with George, because that's our younger son's name - there's sure to be a big influx of new "Georges" now. And our older son is named Henry. We've already taken some ribbing for our supposedly "royal" name choices, but we were thinking of people like Henry Ford and George Gershwin.

Should have gone with something more obscure, like Ichabod or Wendell.

You British folks will be required to refer to him as "His Royal Highness Prince George of Cambridge." Just so you know, and can start practicing that in case you ever meet him and have to kowtow to him.

Royal babies mean a much to me as picking a new pope. Nothing. As much as Justin Biebers birthday,nothing.
    Although upon reflection, possibly a little less nothing than the Bieb's birthday as I wasnt moved to comment on that.

...royal dog Lupo looks exactly like my late Cocker, Jeff...the picture brings the tears to my eyes…
    …finally I got something from this royal chaos…
    470_2662696.jpg

Royal,royal,royal,lets not forget the"Royal We " mentioned by the Dude in The Big Lebowski.
    Theres a Royal Dog? Jeez.

Off with their heads!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^ They SHOULD behead someone in public, to show people they aren't messing around with this royal baby business.

How long have they been the Royal Family? How far back does this go? I'd like to see a Usurper come along and storm the palace, kill 'em all, and claim the throne. A modern-day Game Of Thrones!
    "Corn Flakes pissed in. You ranted. Mission accomplished. Thread closed."

-Cozy 3:16-

^ Hey, maybe that's a better idea!

The royal baby is a pretender to the throne! Run him out of town!

}} HAIL {{
    "I got an idea, an idea so smart my head would explode if I even began to know what I was talking about."
    - Peter Griffin ("Family Guy")