Thread: Karnivool - Asymmetry (2013)

Karnivool - Asymmetry (2013)

This is the new album from Australian Heavy Alternative-Prog Rock band Karnivool. The whole thing can be streamed now:
    ttp://www.karnivool.com.au/listentoasymmetry

1. Aum
    2. Nachash
    3. A.M. War
    4. We Are
    5. The Refusal
    6. Aeons
    7. Asymmetry
    8. Eidolon
    9. Sky Machine
    10. Amusia
    11. The Last Few
    12. Float
    13. Alpha
    14. Om

my early take: at least the cymbals aren't clipping like 75% of their last record, Sound Awake. But I'm not blown away or anything like many comments online. My favorites: "A.M. War," "Sky Machine," "The Refusal."

Last week I heard the tail end of a track from this on the Triple-J network here in Australia. (I can't remember which song it was - either Nachash or We Are). I downloaded the album, gave it a listen and wasn't sure if I liked it. So I gave it another listen and another and another and it ended up on constant rotation on my iPod. I bought the CD last Sunday and I'm working out how I can attend their Brisbane show next Wednesday! This is a very diverse album - with ambient interludes, some pretty heavy sections (including some screaming vocals) and some weird time signatures. My favourite tracks are Nachash, We Are, Eidolon and Float.
    "One should never magnify the harsh light of reality with the mirror of prose onto the delicate wings of fantasy's butterfly"
    Thumpermonkey - How I Wrote The French Lieutenant's Woman

"I'm content to listen to what I like and keep my useless negative opinions about what I don't like to myself -- because no one is interested in hearing those anyway, and it contributes absolutely nothing to the conversation."
    aith01

I really need to give this more time, I listened to Asymmetry a couple of times when I first got it but it certainly didn't grab me like their others have.

I've enjoyed the couple of listens I've given it, but I need more time with it.

Does it matter that this waste of time is what makes a life for you?