Thread: Accidentally boarding Cruise to the Edge

Accidentally boarding Cruise to the Edge

I just saw this on another prog website. This is a review of one disgruntled passenger who apparently didn't know what he was getting into when he bought tickets for a cruise that turned out to be Cruise to the Edge. He's obviously not a YES fan or a prog fan since he refers to the bands as "rock groups." I've noticed that 80 percent of the people who use the term prog are prog fans themselves. Most don't even know what prog is so I guess in that sense this poor guy is forgiven.

THey probably should do a better job at marketing it or gearing it only towards prog fans or those who are aware of the event so there isn't a clash between two worlds so to speak. I actually kind of feel sorry for the guy. Funny how he refers to Zebra as heavy metal though.

http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk/member...EntryID=217797

400 kids on board?? I would want out as well
    “Pleasure and pain can be experienced simultaneously,” she said, gently massaging my back as we listened to her Coldplay CD.

"Very hairy old rockers gawked at the teenage girls and the pot smoking aboard was very evident."

Probably the same experience as going to a hotel where there's an anime convention, except you're stuck on a boat. They should forewarn people that cruises have been chartered before booking them.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    They should forewarn people that cruises have been chartered before booking them.
    Totally agree with this, but I wonder how rough a time they would have filling the rest of the cruise by forewarning prospective cruisers. I tend to think that if someone is looking to go vacationing on a cruise and is warned about the charter and some of the limitations that they may incur because of it, many might pick an alternative. Nevertheless, folks should be given a heads-up.

Quote Originally Posted by Digital_Man View Post
    I've noticed that 80 percent of the people who use the term prog are prog fans themselves.
    I like the idea of you just 'noticing' this proportion.

I didn't "just" notice it. I just verbalized it but always thought it was something like that. I suppose if the guy knew the term prog he probably wouldn't be complaining unless he was a music journalist/critic.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    Must have felt like a brother from another planet.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)

Wait...you mean there were people on that whole Cruise to the Edge who didn't know that it was a "Prog Extravaganza/" Man.....really?

I sympathize with that guy 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by ThomasKDye View Post
    Probably the same experience as going to a hotel ... except you're stuck on a boat.
    That is exactly why I could never handle a cruise.

Oh man, that poor guy! That would suck. We've taken two cruises. The second cruise was a Carribean cruise but on Mediteranian ship. The main hall and all the lounges were ballroom dance...not our style. We were bored out of our mind in the evenings with nothing of interest to do. So I feel for this guy.

To have large sections of the ship closed off, and all the regular evening theatre shows cancelled is not right. MSC should have warned passengers who were booking that trip and given them the opportunity to book a different ship.