Thread: Interview with Aldo Tagliapietra on his new album, L'angelo rinchiuso (in italiano)

Interview with Aldo Tagliapietra on his new album, L'angelo rinchiuso (in italiano)

here's a new interview with Aldo Tagliapietra on "Venice Drink" (heh)

at about :55 he starts talking about the new album L'angelo rinchiuso (which I translate as "The Captive Angel"). He says "it's a suite so it will appeal to the most dedicated progressive fans!"

1:11 - "one of the most beautiful things I've ever done - even including with Le Orme etc." (!!)

2:28 - start of a great passage where he says he is "not religious but spiritual" (when asked about the "angel" image of the album)

wonderful to see Aldo so excited about his new work!

laura

So where's the English version, showoff?

Very cool.
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

heh that's why I was tryin' to give y'all at least a little mini-transcription ...

and here's the cover, by Paul Whitehead:

Aldo-AngeloRinchuiso-cover.jpg

... and a teaser to listen to:

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Any word on a release date, personnel or stateside availability?
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

Release date: Sept 3 in stores and "digital"

Personnel: Aldo and his band, which includes: Matteo Ballarin, guitar; Andrea de Nardi, keys; Manuel Smaniotto, drums.

I suppose you'll be able to order it (digital or hardcopy) from Self distribution:

Distribuzione Self
    www.aldotagliapietra.it
    www.self.it

glad I'm not just talkin to myself here

For those who do not know yet: Ballarin and De Nardi also run their own band the Former Life. This band released the brilliant album "Electric Stillness" not so long ago.

good point, Hurm.

band page for the Former Life:

http://www.theformerlife.com/

Raffaela's review:

http://progmistress.com/2012/04/19/f...tillness-2011/

and their Facebook page where you can listen to the music:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-F...p_178091127385

my personal favorite is "Belong to the Stars." I hear PTree meets David Sylvian!

Sounds good from the clip. The clips of the last one he put out sounded only a little proggy to me.

yeah, Aldo's previous solo album - Nella pietra e nel vento - was sorta gentle retro-prog, a la Genesis circa Trespass (which is not a bad thing!). in the new one he's progging it up a bit, as I understand it.

Member since March 2004 mozo-pg's Avatar
    The clip sounds excellent.
    What can this strange device be? When I touch it, it brings forth a sound (2112)