Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KC related diary entry

KC related diary entry

Holey moley - just read David Singleton's diary entry.

When do tickets go on sale?

Hmm....But it doesn't say that the possible band will be King Crimson, or even that it will include Fripp. Sure is intriguing though...

"The meeting with John, Jakko, Mel, and Gavin went well. It is possible that those on the guestbook wanting to hear John sing Schizoid Man again may yet get their way - or it may all collapse into a mush of cream cakes, who knows. More on that later" (http://dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?entry=23770).

Rock star.
    I want to dynamite your mind with love tonight.

I'm here for the moosic NogbadTheBad's Avatar
    Lawdy Mama
    Ian

Host of the Post-Avant Jazzcore Happy Hour on progrock.com
    https://podcasts.progrock.com/post-a...re-happy-hour/

Gordon Haskell - "You've got to keep the groove in your head and play a load of bollocks instead"
    I blame Wynton, what was the question?
    There are only 10 types of people in the World, those who understand binary and those that don't.

Quote Originally Posted by polmico View Post
    "The meeting with John, Jakko, Mel, and Gavin went well. It is possible that those on the guestbook wanting to hear John sing Schizoid Man again may yet get their way - or it may all collapse into a mush of cream cakes, who knows. More on that later" (http://dgmlive.com/diaries.htm?entry=23770).

Rock star.
    Collapse into a mush of cream cakes? Would that be done by the person noted for a sweet tooth for the aforementioned cream cakes?

People will get this chance to hear John singing this material in the US this Fall. I'm in the process of booking a US tour of District 97 Featuring John Wetton and the Music of King Crimson. One date is already announced for 10/13 at the NJ Proghouse Homecoming Weekend:

http://www.njproghouse.com/homecoming-weekend-2013/

Here's a teaser:

Highly Evolved Orangutan JKL2000's Avatar
    ^ Anything in NYC?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    ^ Anything in NYC?
    Yep, and it's gonna be pretty sweet

^ No thanks. Smelling a ProjeKct follow up to Scarcity hopefully? This seems to be the only line of thinking Fripp's capable of doing i think for fun/the need?

This is great news!

im digging this news. sounds great no matter if it falls through. the fact they are talking about something... anything... together... headed in the right direction!

Quote Originally Posted by bRETT View Post
    Hmm....But it doesn't say that the possible band will be King Crimson, or even that it will include Fripp. Sure is intriguing though...
    You may be on to something regarding your observation about the ambiguity of Fripp's role in all this. Knowing how much Fripp has expressed a hatred of touring over the last few years I wouldn't doubt he might play Brian Wilson and stay home while the others tour.

I wonder if this has anything to do with Wetton's recents comments regarding KC.

"Something fairly amazing could be about to happen, and I can't tell you what it is, yet."

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    People will get this chance to hear John singing this material in the US this Fall. I'm in the process of booking a US tour of District 97 Featuring John Wetton and the Music of King Crimson. One date is already announced for 10/13 at the NJ Proghouse Homecoming Weekend:

http://www.njproghouse.com/homecoming-weekend-2013/

Here's a teaser:
    South Florida is nice that time of year...???

Quote Originally Posted by irongoalie View Post
    South Florida is nice that time of year...???
    Bring it to San Francisco and you will sell tickets. The Regency is the House of Prog in these parts these days.

Quote Originally Posted by arturs View Post
    You may be on to something regarding your observation about the ambiguity of Fripp's role in all this. Knowing how much Fripp has expressed a hatred of touring over the last few years I wouldn't doubt he might play Brian Wilson and stay home while the others tour.
    Tour, no. A few select gigs, perhaps.
    "Henry Cow always wanted to push itself, so sometimes we would write music that we couldn't actually play – I found that very encouraging." - Lindsay Cooper, 1998
    "I have nothing to do with Endless River. Phew! This is not rocket science people, get a grip." - Roger Waters, 2014
    "I'm a collector. And I've always just seemed to collect personalities." - David Bowie, 1973

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    That District 97 clip was really sweet.

Wow. As with anything remotely related to Krimson, I'll hold my expectations lightly. If they do come to the Bay Area, I hope they headline a small venue than support another band. I gave the Crimson Project a pass because I'm not really into Dream Theater.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Third request for Bay Area show.

Hope both these John wetton things work out!

Possibly another version of the 21st Century Schizoid Band? That would be AOK with thee.
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Possibly another version of the 21st Century Schizoid Band? That would be AOK with thee.
    Not this thee. I'd rather have some new material.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Not this thee. I'd rather have some new material.
    21st Century always threatened to give us new material, but it never happened, and Ian Wallace's death put and end to it all. I agree that I'd like new material also, along with hearing the Sinfield-era songs again. If Wetton is on board, then we'll hear songs from the Wetton-Bruford era too. I'm game for that!
    Day dawns dark...it now numbers infinity.

Wetton doing an (new) album of KC music is what’s most intriguing to me. If they tour, I think everyone would want to hear the old stuff!

Either way, it’s also exciting to hear about the D97/Wetton tour!

Quote Originally Posted by Akustika View Post
    Either way, it’s also exciting to hear about the D97/Wetton tour!
    Thanks! Yeah, dates are firming up and we should have more announced soon. For this run, it'll be Midwest and East Coast. If it goes well, we'd love to get out to the West Coast in 2014 so all you West Coasters can see this show! in the meantime, maybe think about a taking a little trip out East?

Quote Originally Posted by District97 View Post
    Thanks! Yeah, dates are firming up and we should have more announced soon. For this run, it'll be Midwest and East Coast. If it goes well, we'd love to get out to the West Coast in 2014 so all you West Coasters can see this show! in the meantime, maybe think about a taking a little trip out East?
    Is Kansas City a possibility? Please!? Please!?

Quote Originally Posted by AncientChord View Post
    Possibly another version of the 21st Century Schizoid Band?
    This was my take-away. Even if it isn't billed as such, the lineup seems to be a spiritual successor. Fripp seemed to look at the 21CSB (which you correctly noted had the intention of writing new material just before the passing of Mr. Wallace) as an "officially-licensed" tribute/alterna Crimson; a "What if King Crimson had stuck with their 70s sound into the 21st century?" parallel reality band. Of course, Fripp just didn't want to retread that ground himself, but he seemed at-ease with letting others connected to the band move in that direction without him.

Regardless, I am intrigued about this combo of musicians working together in any capacity.