Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: Zimmerman verdict: Off Limits here?

"America-the only country where we put a dead Black kid on trial for his own murder."

Can't recall who said this recently, but it's pretty good......

Tell that to Reginal Denny. Or Rodney King. Your entire rant is typical left coast liberal elitist b**sh*t. Your are so NOT "ten times more enlightened"
    APPLAUSE!!!!!!

a "white-hispanic." What does that mean? That one parent is white and one is Hispanic?
    Against my better judgement I'll answer this:

"Hispanic" is not a "race." I'm Hispanic. I have a Spanish surname. I speak Spanish. My ancestors are from Spain and Scotland. I'm white/hispanic, not Latino, not Mexican, not bi-racial. I hate the word "latino." That word has been corrupted in this culture. I hate that f***ing word. There are Asian Hispanics, Black Hispanics, White Hispanics, etc. Actually, I'm sick of the word "Hispanic" but I think that if you're going put a label on Spanish speakers then I'll take Hispanic over Latino.

Just saw this posted on DailyKOS:

The witness mocked by many for sounding ethnic has been given a full ride scholarship to any historically Black college or university.

Instead of taking responsibility for our pathetic education system, racists pilloried this young woman for her diction and perceived ignorance. Now she has the chance to do what many children need: the opportunity to get a proper education.

She will also have the tutors to assist her graduating from high school and taking college entrance exams.

Thank you Tom Joyner.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave (in MA) View Post
    Why do liberals think it's so clever to misspell "American"?
    They spell it like Bush pronounced it.
    NEVER UNDERESTIMATE THE POWER OF STUPID PEOPLE IN LARGE GROUPS!

New-cue-lerrrrrrr
    Music isn't about chops, or even about talent - it's about sound and the way that sound communicates to people. Mike Keneally

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Why don't we just bring back slavery? I'm sure black-on-black crime was a lot lower then.

Clearly, you don't know that there are more white people are on welfare than blacks.

Nice non sequiturs that have nothing to do with my comments.

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    Nice non sequiturs that have nothing to do with my comments.
    Sure they do. They are just as outrageous.

Quote Originally Posted by ronmac View Post
    Sure they do. They are just as outrageous.
    Slavery and questioning the harmfulness of welfare dependency are equal outrages?

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    What do you mean? People who live in Chicago aren't allowed to own guns?
    I think he was making reference to the fact that Chicago has the strictest gun ownership laws in the US, and also has the highest murder rate.

I also think nycsteve has nailed it with his opinion on the case.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeverAutumn View Post
    As a Canadian where we have stricter gun laws and a different culture this whole discussion is very interesting. Everyone seems to be blaming either Zimmerman or Martin. I see them both as victims of a society where walking the streets and carrying a gun is perfectly acceptable and a constitutional right, even. This is part of American culture and until gun laws and attitudes change, it will continue to happen. Just my observation as an "outsider".
    Totally agree...

And to think I retracted my opinion to avoid (maybe) this thread of slipping into forbidden territory...

At least, it'll have allowed a fellow compatriot to restate it much better I could have
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

Quote Originally Posted by firth5th View Post
    Slavery and questioning the harmfulness of welfare dependency are equal outrages?
    Certainly not. Of course, that's not what I wrote. The so-called decay of the black family unit has a lot more to do with the lack of opportunity than it does with the advent of Welfare. It's a very complex issue and I was merely illustrating a similarly simplistic view.

Parrots Ripped My Flesh Dave (in MA)'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadow View Post
    They spell it like Bush pronounced it.

qtip.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Scott Bails View Post
    New-cue-lerrrrrrr
    New-kee-errr
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=65OyShEDnEc#t=3m52ss

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Ahh... political dialog. I feel we're really moving ahead here, getting into some really productive territory.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

Where's the beating a dead horse icon when you need it?
    "My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

"My choice early in life was either to be a piano player in a whorehouse or a politician, and to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference"

President Harry S. Truman

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    "America-the only country where we put a dead Black kid on trial for his own murder."
    i saw something on facebook that said "this is the only country where a brown man can shoot a black man and the white man gets blamed"

There is a certain truth there somwhere

Quote Originally Posted by Trane View Post
    Totally agree...

And to think I retracted my opinion to avoid (maybe) this thread of slipping into forbidden territory...

At least, it'll have allowed a fellow compatriot to restate it much better I could have
    I didn't see the post that you retracted but... thank you.

Estimated Prophet notallwhowander's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neil View Post
    i saw something on facebook that said "this is the only country where a brown man can shoot a black man and the white man gets blamed"

There is a certain truth there somwhere
    The truth is right about here: "a brown man can shoot a black man..." The rest is nonsense and poor grammar.
    Wake up to find out that you are the eyes of the world.

I admit that I don't know much about this case. I read two articles and that's it. But from what I read, that was her downfall. She walked away...the court felt that she should have just kept walking. As, probably, Zimmerman should have done as well.

And, yes, I do realize that your comment was tongue-in-cheek.

Can't say I know much about it either, but I'm glad you understood me. The rest of my day didn't go so well in the communication department.
    Last edited by Plasmatopia; 07-17-2013 at 11:32 PM.

I didn't see the post that you retracted but... thank you.

bottom of first page... I only retracted something about US happiness being a warm gun.... but not the Lennon way >>> I guess I can now... you've been quite explicit and didn't draw any ire...
    Of course, you're a cute Canuck girl, I'm an ugly "hoser"... TheirMMV
    my music collection increased tenfolds when I switched from drug-addicts to complete nutcases.

...carrying a gun is perfectly acceptable and a constitutional right, even....
    Not just a right, but a duty. In Colonial times, English-speaking countries had no police and no need for them - in fact, police forces were seen as a foreign import, most undesirable for free Englishmen, and part and parcel of Napoleonic tyranny. Instead, every free man traveled armed, and was expected to help chase down malefactors, joining into an informal posse known as the "hue and cry".

I'm not sure why police forces were eventually adopted. Perhaps being responsible for one's own safety came to be seen as a burden rather than a freedom. At least in the (American) North - in the South, gentlemen still traveled armed and were ready for anything at all times. Or perhaps the urban moneyed classes became worried about being attacked by armed mobs fed up with meager pay and poor working conditions, and inflamed by Jacobin rhetoric. So they decided they needed a large, organized, quasi-military force to keep the peace.

Quote Originally Posted by JKL2000 View Post
    Right, that's what I said - EVERYONE you know on Facebook (as in, everyone you share information with). I don't think I've EVER had a conversation on PE that I've wanted to have with EVERYONE I share information with on Facebook.
    You mean you save bathtub reglazing only for prog fans?

Seriously, you can organize all your FB contacts into groups (proggers, relatives, coworkers, etc.) and post a status to only that group.

Don't be so stubborn about it.

Yes. I didn't start this thread, but go ahead and accuse me anyway...
    I'm not accusing you of anything. Not being on FB is your loss. Some knock it, but you can individualize the experience to benefit you. You can become fans of all your favorite music groups, TV shows, internet groups, etc. and get news every day/week.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.

Okay, we're done here. We're not at the level where guns are blazing, but the tone has turned exactly into what was expected.

Take this shit to Facebook. It's the perfect place for it. Not PE.
    WANTED: Sig-worthy quote.