Thread: AAJ Interview: World Service Project, Articulate Arsonists

AAJ Interview: World Service Project, Articulate Arsonists

My interview with Britain's young and ambitious WorldService Project, today at All About Jazz.Beyond the group itself - keyboardist Dave Morecroft, saxophonist Tim Ower, trombonist Raph Clarkson, bassist Conor Chapin and (recently recruited new) drummer Liam Waugh - WSP is a healthy sign of younger groups not relying on the industry mechanisms of the past, instead creating their own ways of not just spreading the word but actually touring, with their Match & Fuse festivals creating an underground railway for up-and-coming young artists from a plethora of European countries to both tour together and collaborate.

WSP's latest album, Fire in a Pet Shop, was also released today, its second full-length release and one that more fully articulates the group's sometimes whacky approach - Zappa meets Stravinsky meets Loose Tubes - doesn't come at the expense of serious music, performed by a group whose star is truly on the rise.

All About Jazz is also featuring a cd review of the new record, a free download of the album's title track, and a "making of video" as its Video of the Day.
    Interview here.

Subterranean Tapir Hobo Chang Ba's Avatar
    I like it.

Is this available anywhere in the states as a cd atm?
    Please don't ask questions, just use google.

Never let good music get in the way of making a profit.

I'm only here to reglaze my bathtub.

Funny pic....will check it out.

In other news, I came upon Antonio Sanchez's New Life the other day, and have fallen for it.....did some google searching and enjoyed your review very much. Great album. I should pay more attention to your reviews, but then I'd be more broke than I am already, so.......

Not that I am aware, but why not buy from amazon uk? These guys deserve to be supported!
    John

Quote Originally Posted by wideopenears View Post
    Funny pic....will check it out.

In other news, I came upon Antonio Sanchez's New Life the other day, and have fallen for it.....did some google searching and enjoyed your review very much. Great album. I should pay more attention to your reviews, but then I'd be more broke than I am already, so.......
    I'll take that as a complement

Seriously, thanks, for the kind word. It is a GREAT record. IMO.