Thread: My FYE CD Purchases

Banned

My FYE CD Purchases

I found a local FYE(Fullerton, Ca) by my step-dad's house. So, I went in there yesterday to trade in some CDs and got $100 dollars in store credit. I got Yes-In The Present:Live From Lyon. I listened to this one first. To me, it's a fine release, and I did not notice any of the dragging tempos(not denying that they weren't there). I also got Innervisions by Stevie Wonder, A Scarcity Of Miracles(A King Crimson ProjeKct), and Comeblack by The Scorpions(which features re-recordings of their classics alongside cover songs). I got those new. I also got As Ugly As It Gets:The Best Of Ugly Kid Joe, Get Born by Jet, Crazy World by The Scorpions, Generation Terrorists by Manic Street Preachers, One Hour By The Concrete Lake by Pain Salvation, and Free As A Bird By Supertramp used. Finally, I got Maiden England '88 on DVD. Not to be rude, but it is a thread for thoughts on my purchases. Sorry to be rude, but I feel my posts would get lost in the "Recent Purchases". Plus, Scott told me that he likes my CD threads. So, what do you all think of my CD purchases?

Banned
    I listened to A Scarcity Of Miracles last night on headphones. Very jazzy, relaxing album. Great for headphones. I listened to some of my other CDs today. Crazy World by The Scorpions is an excellent piece of work. Heavy than their '80s stuff(except for the two excellent ballads); Jim Vallance(Bryan Adams' songwriting partner) co-wrote many songs. Get Born by Jet is a nice combination of garage and hard rock; sounds like a collision of The Rolling Stones, AC/DC, and The Faces. Pain Of Salvation was a little too heavy for my tastes, but I'll get used to it. Free As A Bird by Supertramp is a great collection of '80s synthesized pop-r&b-jazz. It may not be classic Supertramp, but at least they dared to try something different.